• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

eggs

Reaction score
The only fragrance i have is CK's Eternity. I really like its fresh scent. doesn't ever seem to be overpowering at all. can someone recommend anything similar?

ap0488

Reaction score
Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur Du Male

it's beyond amazing. Floral, but not too floral, and lasts the whole day!

inviscid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Oh, there are plenty of fragrances that don't fly off so quick...

One you might check into is Caron Third Man (Le Troisemme Homme). Fairly similar iirc, a bit different here and there but a similar feel.

As far as keeping L'Homme around longer, I've heard people tell me about applying lotion to their skin and letting it soak in before spraying. Worth a shot.

Thanks!, will give Caron Third Man a try.

Originally Posted by eggs
The only fragrance i have is CK's Eternity. I really like its fresh scent. doesn't ever seem to be overpowering at all. can someone recommend anything similar?

I also own CK Eternity, and from what I remember, I found it a tad too much. I also really love L'Homme a lot more than Eternity, but it's a bit too weak. Similar scents from what I can tell, but I'm no expert. Eternity seems a little bit more... "powdery" (reminds me of my mom's old face makeup powder) and L'Homme a bit more fresh and lemon-y
Hope this helped?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today is a PdN New York, a great big powdery concoction that is slowly winning me over. Similar to Chanel Pour Monsieur but even more stuffy. Winter only for this bad boy, and I think my paltry 1 oz bottle should last me well into middle age, because it is strong. I am a victim of my own sillage (sprayed once, thank you), and smell myself everywhere. I can only imagine what my co-workers are going through.

Should cross-post this with workplace sabotage.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eggs

Hmmm...been a while since I sniffed that one. Have you considered Chanel Platinum Egoiste? Or perhaps Pasha de Cartier?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Armani Code today for me. Just picked it up last week and I am really enjoying the scent - plus my wife likes it on me which is key
smile.gif

wraith

Reaction score
Terre D'Hermes for the first time today. Love it, though I went with three sprays this morning and should definitely have done two. Very different from the L'eau D'Issey that I usually use for work. Trying Guerlain's vetiver tomorrow, but it smelled very "green" when I sniffed it yesterday so I'm not sure I'll dig it during the Winter.

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wraith
Terre D'Hermes for the first time today. Love it, though I went with three sprays this morning and should definitely have done two. Very different from the L'eau D'Issey that I usually use for work. Trying Guerlain's vetiver tomorrow, but it smelled very "green" when I sniffed it yesterday so I'm not sure I'll dig it during the Winter.

Believe me, I know exactly what you mean. Just earlier this week I sprayed two sprays on one wrist and pressed both wrists together, and my roommates really didn't appreciate that
laugh.gif
They mentioned that it smelled like a floor cleaner spray. One spray to the chest and maybe one more to neck is more than enough (atleast for me...)

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I could have sworn I made a post about this before.

"Jil Sander has launched a new duo of fragrances, Scent 79 Woman and Scent 79 Man. The scents are modern interpretations of the original Jil Sander fragrances, Jil Sander Pure Woman, launched in 1979, and Jil Sander Pure Man, which followed in 1981. Like their earlier counterparts, the new fragrances celebrate Sander's elegant minimalist style.

Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman was developed by perfumer Evelyne Boulanger. The amber floral chypre fragrance includes notes of cranberry, peach leaves, May rose, jasmine, iris, soft leather, caramelized wood, musk and vetiver.

Jil Sander Scent 79 Man was developed by perfumer Marc Buxton, and retains the pure, simple modernity of Jil Sander Pure Man. The notes include angelica, clary sage, frankincense, jasmine, violet, orris, black leather, sandalwood and vetiver.

Jil Sander Scent 79 Woman and Man are available in 125 ml Eau de Parfum, $149"

mtmsart012.jpg

mtmsart013.jpg

jkennett

Reaction score
Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme- pine and cedar...

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought Creed Green Irish Tweed today...
I just CAN NOT stop smelling my wrists! I think I've found a new favorite.

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I gave this subject much thought...I'm past the age when I need to worry about being a "manly" man or not. But I have never liked the fruity or floral accented colognes that seem to have been dominant over the last 20 years or so.

When I smell a cologne that I wouldn't have any objection to smelling on a woman, I don't want to smell it on myself. I want somethng earthier---more oak moss and tobacco and leather...maybe smoke and peat--something like the laphroig of men's colognes.

So I'm wondering if there are certain very distinctive colognes out there that fit the bill? Any brand names I could check out?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericasetty