• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
You should e-mail Etat Libre d'Orange and let them know you're the one person on Earth who likes it.
tongue.gif
You must be clowning. Please say you're clowning.

Strangely enough, Luca Turin likes it as well. Why he likes it, I cannot say. fwiw, I've never tried it so I can't comment.

Today: another day of something different...SL Chergui. It is fantastic and I hope to never be without this.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Havana by Aramis, but an older 70's vintage purchased off of Crystal Flacon. Kind of similar to Equipage in that it is a floral patchouli, but also has spicy notes (cumin, pepper, corriander - could swear I smell a bit of cinnamon as well), and added richness with the addition of vanilla in the base. Definitely a State Dinner kind of frag.

PITAronin

Reaction score
LeLabo Vetiver for me today.

Now that the weather is warming up in my part of the country, I'm beginning to think about adding a bay rum to my summer fragrance rotation. Any recommendations?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ Burt's Bees Bay Rum is really good and inexpensive. Ogallala Bay Rum is rich, a little buttery, heavier than you might like but great. Trumper's is dry, and kinda spendy.

I'm waiting to see if Colleen (TGQ) ever gets around to releasing Bay Rum & Sweet Orange: it's great as a shaving soap. Oh, and Saint Charles Shave does Bay Rum with a Twist that's really light but good for the hottest summer days. Kinda fleeting but cheap as hell.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cannabis Rose today.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
my usual acqua di parma mandorlo di sicilia today. had to scrub real hard to get the lingering scent of SM last night. im sorry , but i think im going to be giving those two samples away.

Sorry for recommending SM to you! I have to say, though, it's been a lot of fun to chart your reaction from "hmm, not so bad" to "oh, I'm kinda not liking this" to "this is revolting and is ruining my appetite."

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
no way man!!, i totally appreciate your recommendations . keep them coming and i want to try them too. it was worth fulfilling my curiosity. i dont take the negative reaction i have to the parfum as actually a 'negative' if you know what i mean. just a taste of the broad spectrum out there on fragrances. but yeah, i cant handle that fragrance anymore.

Lupo

Reaction score
Bought some samples from theperfumedcourt...
Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros
Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT
Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche EDT
Chanel Egoiste

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Sho'nuff, How much do you have left? Maybe we should do a round robin so others on SOTD can try SM. You send it to me and I try a dab, I send it to the next person, etc. Just trying to keep it interesting here!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
my usual acqua di parma mandorlo di sicilia today. had to scrub real hard to get the lingering scent of SM last night. im sorry , but i think im going to be giving those two samples away.
PM me! Just so I can tell Cupcake that I've followed his lead once again!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today: another day of Wearing What I've Not Worn in Ages: John Varvatos.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
today, PdN Baladin - meh, it's okay, just not that interesting and lacks projection or longevity.

L'Incandescent - how did you find the projection and longevity of the Ungaro III? I was disapointed. actually I don't even understand the reviews 'cause I didn't really get a 'gothic rose' scent there... Cannabis rose however I find goes strong for 14-16 hours or more and projects like crazy. Strong stuff that.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
today, PdN Baladin - meh, it's okay, just not that interesting and lacks projection or longevity.

L'Incandescent - how did you find the projection and longevity of the Ungaro III? I was disapointed. actually I don't even understand the reviews 'cause I didn't really get a 'gothic rose' scent there... Cannabis rose however I find goes strong for 14-16 hours or more and projects like crazy. Strong stuff that.

Funny enough I bought Baladin blind and never grew to like it. It's like a weak version of Aramis / Azuree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads