• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Purple Patchouli today. I had a conference presentation today, and realized I had never worn PP in that context before, even though it's one of my couple of favorite fragrances.

aaronxxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boo
My name is boo, and I have an overspraying problem. Had a morning client meeting and wanted to keep it subtle. Went with GIT and four sprays, mostly on my shirt/suit. I don't wear it all that often, and it seemed to project a lot more than I remembered. I think because in the past I've usually sprayed to the chest.

two sprays, at most, on one wrist. rub wrists together. profit.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least it was an inoffensive scent (although too much of anything can be obnoxious)

Rose 31 for me today

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Been on an Etro kick the past few days. Yesterday was Gomma - a slightly sweetish leathery scent in the vein of Aramis or Knize. Nothing special there.

Today was New Traditions - kind of a flowery woodsy scent that wasn't very long lasting at all. Definite downer.

Dane - Good to have you back. Where you been man?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ of the Etros I prefer Shaal Nur every every thing else I've tried.

Today, a (not-for-profit) board meeting in Austin, which I joined today. Damn, what did I wear? Hmm, I guess it was - oh wait - Le Labo Vetiver 46. Loved the opening - but the drydown wasn't as compelling. Won't be buying. *whew*

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ELdO Fat Electrician today. Very stinky green. Unique in the same vein as FM's VE. I like it but its not a keeper.

Thomas - Shaal Nur and Sandalo are the only ones that have really jumped out at me so far. But, I've got the rest of the samples they sent me so I might as well dive in and try them all.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Derby - thank god for autumn.

Are you wearing the original formula or the reissue? I've only tried the reissue, which I've been very impressed by.

Yesterday: Noir de Noir
Today: Purple Patchouli again.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was wearing the reissue. I have a decant of the original, too. The difference between the two is minimal, and mostly apparent in the first few minutes (a brighter opening on the reissue). I bought the original at the Guerlain store on the Champs Elysees a few years ago, which has to be one of the greatest shops, of any kind, in the world.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads