• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria Corcos Consolidated Thread

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only issue with Corcos is the long delivery time. I am 2 years in for a coat and 2 jackets.

I think, now that he has your pattern, he’ll only need one fitting & can finish, right? You should be fine with future orders. The real issue is the first 2 garments to nail down the pattern. Same as with every tailor. Once they have your pattern down, it becomes much easier.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think, now that he has your pattern, he’ll only need one fitting & can finish, right? You should be fine with future orders. The real issue is the first 2 garments to nail down the pattern. Same as with every tailor. Once they have your pattern down, it becomes much easier.
He had my pattern for my jacket. The fabric was different and he wanted to make some changes. Add an additional fitting and that's 2 years since the initial order.

More to due with the decrease of trunk shows per year. Twice a year really slows down the delivery.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He had my pattern for my jacket. The fabric was different and he wanted to make some changes. Add an additional fitting and that's 2 years since the initial order.

More to due with the decrease of trunk shows per year. Twice a year really slows down the delivery.
Oh yeah, I guess he did use to come 3x/year. I didn’t even notice he reduced it.

How often does zizolfi / qemal travel to the us?

Oligarch

Reaction score
I see a lot of the Florentines, including Corcos and Qemal, both like the jetted pockets on jackets. Does anyone get flap pockets and then just put the flap in for the jetted look? I've generally had flaps, and am open to jetted, but the flap appeals for the optionality, unless there's something I'm missing to all this.

Would it be some sort of faux pas to ask for that? Finally got on the calendar, and wary of a Seinfeldesque "no suit for you!" reaction:)

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of the Florentines, including Corcos and Qemal, both like the jetted pockets on jackets. Does anyone get flap pockets and then just put the flap in for the jetted look? I've generally had flaps, and am open to jetted, but the flap appeals for the optionality, unless there's something I'm missing to all this.

Would it be some sort of faux pas to ask for that? Finally got on the calendar, and wary of a Seinfeldesque "no suit for you!" reaction:)
They will not make flaps for your pocket. They only make jetted or patch.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you’re overthinking flapped vs jetted. Let them cut what they want for you. Then you can ask them to tweak things later. Naples, & Milan rarely do flaps either. I’ve never asked for flaps either.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you’re overthinking flapped vs jetted. Let them cut what they want for you. Then you can ask them to tweak things later. Naples, & Milan rarely do flaps either. I’ve never asked for flaps either.
I usually get patch pockets from my Neapolitan tailor but had no problem getting flap pockets for the one business suit that I commissioned of @kolecho Rangoon. In fact all of my business suits (from my USA tailor) have flapped pockets.

GzianoCucinelli

Reaction score
IMG_1102.jpeg
IMG_1103.jpeg
@GzianoCucinelli waiting for updates... 😅

I originally planned to meet him this weekend - I usually schedule my appointments with him on weekends as an excuse to go into the city after working remotely from home for 3+ years.

I’m back in office 3x per week and it turns out that my office at my new job is just quick walk from the trunk show - was able to see him in between meetings today 😅

First fittings for both London Lounge fabrics: Navy “Ultimate Blazer” in a DB config; “PSJ
2” Jacket in SB config.

Going to see him once more this weekend for tweaks at his request 🙏🏽

n2pua

Reaction score
PSA: To whomever changed their schedule around and attended either the 11am and 2:45pm slots on Friday ........ I OWE YOU both my utmost gratitude.

My 6am flight was delayed the moment they began boarding and between two plane changes, continuous delays, countless frantic emails and the willingness of a couple clients willing to come in early ..... I made it to the hotel with 10 minutes to spare.

Kotaro couldn't have been kinder and easier to work with. He knew exactly what tweaks would look best for my frame and had excellent cloth choices in mind when I described my taste and preferences. It was absolutely worth the wait to make it in this small circle of clientele and couldn't be happier he is my first bespoke tailor.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My appointment got moved up earlier and it worked out for me as I haven't chatted with Kaga-san for quite a while.

Ordered first suit with Kotaro, special fabric made in Japan. Dry and feels like mohair but is 100% wool. Quite the melange, almost indigo and looks navy/charcoal. Incredible hand and drape.
IMG_20231028_155703_531.jpg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My appointment got moved up earlier and it worked out for me as I haven't chatted with Kaga-san for quite a while.

Ordered first suit with Kotaro, special fabric made in Japan. Dry and feels like mohair but is 100% wool. Quite the melange, almost indigo and looks navy/charcoal. Incredible hand and drape.
View attachment 2059099
Lovely fabric, single breasted?

Torsion

Reaction score
Based upon my base location it made total sense to make a trip to see Kotaro-san and during the last trunk the idea came up so here I am!Just as quick getting here than domestically to other parts of the UK.
Very spoilt to be able to access so easily.
A quick pit stop trip but I'll be back.
Some highlights of the afternoon.
Off for a pre dinner drink and cigar shortly.
So much charm to this city.

PXL_20231114_094727300.jpg
PXL_20231114_112239907.jpg
PXL_20231114_113730291.jpg
PXL_20231114_113955646.jpg
PXL_20231114_114948295.jpg
PXL_20231114_120649472.jpg
PXL_20231114_122828516.jpg
PXL_20231114_140855287.jpg
PXL_20231114_130733921.jpg
PXL_20231114_130722144.jpg
PXL_20231114_134945932.jpg
PXL_20231114_134941308.jpg
PXL_20231114_142011402.jpg

Last edited:

GzianoCucinelli

Reaction score
Based upon my base location it made total sense to make a trip to see Kotaro-san and during the last trunk the idea came up so here I am!Just as quick getting here than domestically to other parts of the UK.
Very spoilt to be able to access so easily.
A quick pit stop trip but I'll be back.
Some highlights of the afternoon.
Off for a pre dinner drink and cigar shortly.
So much charm to this city.

View attachment 2069675
View attachment 2069667
View attachment 2069665
View attachment 2069673
View attachment 2069683
View attachment 2069671
View attachment 2069677
View attachment 2069659
View attachment 2069681
View attachment 2069679
View attachment 2069663
View attachment 2069661
View attachment 2069669

Jealous! Enjoy & safe travels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads