• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WizardVigilante

Reaction score
I’ve found I’m wearing jeans less and the jeans I do wear are relatively wide leg and medium to high rise. They just can’t compete on comfort. One of the gifts of getting older is no one blinks if you’re wearing pleated trousers to walk your dog.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I work towards a future where no one blinks if I wear a silk dressing gown to walk the cat.

Here are new dress trousers in the sail-cloth in forest green.

dress-trousers-sail-cloth-cotton-forest-green-2s@2x.jpg
dress-trousers-sail-cloth-cotton-forest-green-5s@2x.jpg
dress-trousers-sail-cloth-cotton-forest-green-15s@2x.jpg
dress-trousers-sail-cloth-cotton-forest-green-14s@2x.jpg
dress-trousers-sail-cloth-cotton-forest-green-11s@2x.jpg

Last edited:

rahcola

Reaction score
I actually find the dress trousers quite casual looking when a sweater covers the high waist and much of the pleats, even in the gray high twist wool that I have mine in. The roomy upper block and fairly slim lower leg does it I think, and not having a crease. Having a shirt tucked in is naturally a wholly different mater.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I actually find the dress trousers quite casual looking when a sweater covers the high waist and much of the pleats, even in the gray high twist wool that I have mine in. The roomy upper block and fairly slim lower leg does it I think, and not having a crease. Having a shirt tucked in is naturally a wholly different mater.

Yes — they are quite full above the thigh but quite "normal" below it.

Last edited:

10dence

Reaction score
The upcoming work trousers are probably our most "normal" style, as they have a flat front, a sort of jeans-style pocket, and ... well, they're still cut in the "proper" way, in truth!

I really shouldn't but I want to know more about these work trousers you are speaking of...

nfrtr

Reaction score
Was hoping to get some general thoughts on peacoat sizing. I am 6' tall with a 38" chest and according to the size chart I ought to order a small, but it seems the model is about the same size and is wearing a medium in most of the photos. I already spoke with Paul over email but was hoping to get some other perspectives. I also know someone about the same size as me that has a medium and says he wouldn't go any smaller, but he's unfortunately not local to me.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Was hoping to get some general thoughts on peacoat sizing. I am 6' tall with a 38" chest and according to the size chart I ought to order a small, but it seems the model is about the same size and is wearing a medium in most of the photos. I already spoke with Paul over email but was hoping to get some other perspectives. I also know someone about the same size as me that has a medium and says he wouldn't go any smaller, but he's unfortunately not local to me.

I am 5ft8, 155lbs, suit size 38 and all my sizing for sehk coats are S, same with the grey peacoat last year i got. Body Weight and
What u wanna wear/layers underneath is something to think about

Zc94

Reaction score
I am 5ft8, 155lbs, suit size 38 and all my sizing for sehk coats are S, same with the grey peacoat last year i got. Body Weight and
What u wanna wear/layers underneath is something to think about
I’m 5’10” 160 lbs and usually find my self between S and M mostly due to sleeve length.
Do you find SEH coats to have right sleeve length? I just placed my first order a small Loch Bal. Thanks.

rahcola

Reaction score
I got mine based on chest measurement. It's fitted, with room for all but the thickest knitwear. I would think you would loose some of the waist suppression by going up a size which might or might not be what you want. I think the photos on the site illustrate this fairly well.

nfrtr

Reaction score
I’m 5’10” 160 lbs and usually find my self between S and M mostly due to sleeve length.
Do you find SEH coats to have right sleeve length? I just placed my first order a small Loch Bal. Thanks.

I have a small balmacaan and the sleeve length is just fine for me at 6’ tall.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I’m leaning toward a small and hopefully it fits well. I kept going over the small vs medium photos on the site and couldn’t make a good conclusion.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
I have a small balmacaan and the sleeve length is just fine for me at 6’ tall.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I’m leaning toward a small and hopefully it fits well. I kept going over the small vs medium photos on the site and couldn’t make a good conclusion.
Exchange is an option then it would be good. I hope you talking about the navy one lol

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellerodrigue