• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubicon (New AMC series)

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, The Sopranos was pretty lousy too.

The only good HBO shows imo were Deadwood, Generation Kill, The Wire, and Carnivale.

Still haven't seen Treme, Boardwalk Empire, Bored to Death or The Pacific yet, though.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like Boardwalk Empire. on the other hand, since you disliked the Sopranos, you may actually dig BE (Sopranos fans don't like it according to the thread on these boards).

As a Deadwood and Gen Kill fan, maybe you aren't so smoked up after all...

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
You think that I checked imdb in order to come up with my judgment of the series? Like, I didn't have an opinion before then?

I don't know. I said that because it seemed you were using that number as some sort of refutation to my liking the show.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, The Sopranos was pretty lousy too. The only good HBO shows imo were Deadwood, Generation Kill, The Wire, and Carnivale. Still haven't seen Treme, Boardwalk Empire, Bored to Death or The Pacific yet, though.
My friends who love The Wire have very good things to say about Treme. Boardwalk Empire (I got a free trial of HBO when BE started but after Treme had ended) is pretty good, but not great. Back to the original topic, does anybody find it odd a group who is responsible for analyzing intelligence from around the world is comprised of almost exclusively white people? I mean sure they have the token brown guy, but he's locked up in a cage down in the basement.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Whelp, there that goes:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...-rubicon-44571

Noooooooooooooo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the very least, they managed to finish a story arc. The season is a self-contained unit, even if there are unanswered questions.

The worst is when they cancel shows that have massive dangling plot threads left unaddressed.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You are getting the full season right? Hell of a lot better then Firefly fans got from Fox.
ffffuuuu.gif

mfrege

Reaction score
But who was the show 'cancelled' by? I mean, everyone knows that the real people behind the oil tanker attack wasn't Spengler and his business cronies but the gl

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks, I liked this show a lot.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialoney