• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks!
CJ westfield in tobacco suede (thanks to you :fistbump: )
pantherealla
trou to my flannel sartorio by kiton suit

I think suede brogues are 'your deal' mr stitchy. Somehow they seem very right on you.

So the folks at C&J in London did you right?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lovely! :)
I think I have those Pantherella socks in grey.

thanks! awesome! pics?

C&J Selbourne
Agree with the pants comment... chinos, colour is taupe not gray...

no worries, the shoes stole the show anyways. :)

I think suede brogues are 'your deal' mr stitchy. Somehow they seem very right on you.
So the folks at C&J in London did you right?

i think, you are right.

they did me fine, except when the shoes were delivered there was a $56 COD. no idea why, customs maybe. i have to call and ask because CJ charged me shipping.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks! awesome! pics?
no worries, the shoes stole the show anyways. :)
i think, you are right.
they did me fine, except when the shoes were delivered there was a $56 COD. no idea why, customs maybe. i have to call and ask because CJ charged me shipping.

Customs duties charged by Uncle Sam, no doubt. The shipper has no control over this. Sometimes it happens - sometimes not. It doesn't happen until they hit US soil.

What shipper did they use? In my experience Royal Mail is the least likely to get caught by customs.

Last edited:

kwhunter

Reaction score
Customs duties charged by Uncle Sam, no doubt. The shipper has no control over this. Sometimes it happens - sometimes not. It doesn't happen until they hit US soil.
What shipper did they use? In my experience Royal Mail is the least likely to get caught by customs.
I hate this thing... I live upnorth and they hit us with 18% duty + 13% tax; therefore I buy through proxies since retailers declare full value... too bad

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

UPS :(

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THANKS! what did you order?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You will forget the extra charge long before the shoes are worn out. (Unless you are related to my grandmother, who never got over every single penny she spent.) :p

On a separate note - haven't been able to get an email through to Uncle Mac since the storm. Must be having some troubles?

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, its no biggie, just a little annoyance.

i hope he is ok. :(

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HANJOY! post pics before shabbos. ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads