• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restaurant Recommendations

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I've only spent that twice for a steak- once at The Inn at Little Washington and once at Prime 44 West in The Greenbrier resort.  The former was a very special occasion, the latter was other people's money.  Both were excellent steaks.

Cheers,

Closest I've come is $55 for a 35 day aged ribeye.

I like OPM. That's how I tasted my first Screagle.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, I suppose it makes sense. One of the major selling points of Blue Apron is that it gets people cooking things they wouldn't have thought they could cook so easily.

Not a bad idea to apply that to Bittman's part-time non-meat-eater philosophy. Show people that there are in fact tasty-ass vegetables they can prepare and eat and be fully satisfied by. Its not like Blue Apron's magic is that they teach you how to fry up a chicken breast...its that they get you experimenting with spices, sauces, garnishes, and side dishes that a lot of non-cooks would never dream of.

As long as they don't rely too heavily on "lets make a meat dish...but use seitan!" it could be legit.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What are you looking for? A lot of places getting great reviews.

Newish
Fiola Mare - seafood, DC Waterfront (Georgetown area)
Rose's Luxury - Barracks Row/Capitol Hill. Tons of hype, I don't know anyone that's been disappointed
Kapnos - Greek, 14th St
Del Campo - Chilean or Uruguayan (Penn Quarter)
That's just a handful of newer places I could think up (strangely havent been to any of these yet).

Not so New but Excellent
Mintwood Place - Adams Morgan. Has been on my to do list for ages, can never get a table when I look (at the last minute)
Bar Pilar - My favorite bar. Great cocktails and very good food. warning the plates lean small. Drink and eat upstairs if you can, especially if Brian is behind the bar.
Pearl Dive Oyster Palace - Another favorite of mine. Eat downstairs, the owners are known for their great seafood. Fun crowd

Others - Garrison (new), The Royal (super small, great drinks), Masseria (Ivy City), Sally's Middle Name, Granville Moores (been around a while, great Belgian food and beer), Brasserie Beck, Blue Duck Tavern (West End), Chez Billy (Petworth), Chez Billy Sud (Georgetown), Range (Friendship Heights), Macon Bistrot & Lader (Chevy Chase), Komi, Rasika....

I'd say look up the restaurants on The Washingtonian Magazine website, washingtonpost.com, and Washingtoncitypaper.com and see what grabs your attention.

Landscape

Reaction score
Thanks a lot :)

I'll be there a few days, so wasn't looking for anything specific as it's both for lunch and dinner, but I'll definitely take a look at your recommendations.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, if you're spending much of your time downtown you could also try Centrolina (10th and K), Boss Shephards (13th and E), Central (11th or 12th and Pennsylvania). Enjoy and report back!

abkain

Reaction score
I'll play:
Paris: Le Cinque(if Chef Biffard is still at the helm; Pierre Gagnaire (experimental but enlightening); L'Arpege; Guy Savoy for the party atmosphere induced by the staff (lunch special is the way to go) - order the chicken for two. For bistros: La Regalade; chez L'ami jean; chez josephine (for foie andbeef bourgnoine); for pastries - pierre herme; jacque genin (the eclaires!). Host of other stuff that I can't remember while I drink this third beer in a half empty bar in Los Angeles.

rossoz

Reaction score
Two rec's if you don't mind a drive from D.C.

It's expensive and an hour or so from DC, but The Inn at Little Washington has a good reputation.

For moderately priced steaks, Trios in Falls Church, VA is very good- modern decor and a little noisy.

Cheers,

thecuff

Reaction score
Any experts in the NYC food scene? Looking for top 3 favorite pizza, sushi and burger spots.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads