• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restaurant Recommendations

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Recently had dinner at Fearing's at the Ritz-Carlton in Dallas. Service was exceptional -- one might say a bit too attentive, but I didnt' mind. I'd like to try a few other dishes before making a judgment on food, but the buffalo tenderloin on jalapeno grits with a butternut squash taquito was tasty. I gave it a shot after reading a favorable article by, of all places, the NY Times. Bruni gets around.

princemarko

Reaction score
Best ever service and food I've had was at Louis XV in Monaco. Talk about service, they handed my wife a bag of deserts and muffins to take home. Too bad some IDIOT Russian and his whore(who still had her tags on her clothes) were obnoxious. The two american old guys with the 3 strippers competed with the most obnoxious award also.

Note to those idiots: when you go to a high class restaurant, you cant fake class and you look like a ******* idiot and ruin other peoples dinner.

But the food was great.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
I may be looking at a trip to Miami in mid-February. Any restaurant recommendations?

If plans become more solidified, I'll probably post a proper thread on the matter looking for other recommendations as well (granted one doesn't already exist).

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
I may be looking at a trip to Miami in mid-February. Any restaurant recommendations? If plans become more solidified, I'll probably post a proper thread on the matter looking for other recommendations as well (granted one doesn't already exist).
The flagship Joe's Stone Crab is incredible if you go during stone crab season (winter and very early spring). On my last trip (quite a while ago) I went to Chef Allen's which was quite good. It was in a strip mall way off the beach, but worth the trip. And, of course, Miami is like New York City... you can get a GREAT cubano just about anywhere.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Chicago Restaurant Week: http://www.choosechicago.com/eatitup.../default2.aspx

I need to make reservations for 4 at any of these restaurants of my choosing. With these instructions:
My opinion is that Kyle gets to pick - just remember I don't like exotic ethnic food and most Mexican restaurants make me ill....exotic=southeast asian and indian - I love seafood, Morrocan, Greek, Spanish, French, Italian, English (well, maybe not really love), etc.
I was going to pick Topolobampo but that got ixnayed in the above instructions.

So my next picks were going to be Cafe Spiaggia, Brasserie Jo, Naha, or one sixtyblue.

I'll probably be going to all 4 of these restaurants throughout the week, but which from the list would be best to take my family to? Also, my father is a vegetarian. I realize that shouldn't be a problem at most places, but just in case.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Lowbrow but amazing...if in Bangkok, check out a little cafeteria styled joint called Inter...the best Thai food I've ever had. A block or so from Siam BTS

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Chicago Restaurant Week: http://www.choosechicago.com/eatitup.../default2.aspx I need to make reservations for 4 at any of these restaurants of my choosing. With these instructions: I was going to pick Topolobampo but that got ixnayed in the above instructions. So my next picks were going to be Cafe Spiaggia, Brasserie Jo, Naha, or one sixtyblue. I'll probably be going to all 4 of these restaurants throughout the week, but which from the list would be best to take my family to? Also, my father is a vegetarian. I realize that shouldn't be a problem at most places, but just in case.
Don't do Brasserie Jo on restaurant week. I went to Naha shortly after it opened (over 6 or 7 years ago), and was severely disappointed and never went back. I definitely suggest trying it at restaurant week prices. I've never been to onesixtyblue. I would do Cafe Spiaggia w/ the fam.

drewdub

Reaction score
Hey, I perused this a while ago and noticed some Philly recommendations, but I am having trouble finding them now - any good recommendations?

I have been to Morimoto, Positano Coast, El Fez and Tria. Any other ideas? Anyone been to Le Bec Fin?

Thanks

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never eaten upstairs at Le Bec Fin, but I have had the most WONDERFUL dinners at the bar downstairs. I went on quiet weeknights and it was like a private club. The chef was eating at the bar. They brought down a portable burner and made Cherries jubilee as a special request for me. It's very reasonably priced, and extremely good for bistro food. it is NOT haute cuisine like upstairs.

I can only imagine upstairs at Le Bec Fin is even better...

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in philly, i like amada which serves spanish tapas (small plates). I think its a fun place to eat since you can try many dishes. In a large group, you pretty much can taste the entire menu.

Mr. Argyle

Reaction score
Anyone have Boston recommendations? Preferably somewhere quiet. I know several restaurants in the city but as usual they tend to fill up pretty fast.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads