• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
he looks fine but here is the thing that we miss sometimes when looking at these pics and passing judgement. He is a very good looking guy. He has a certain "look" (the hair, the facial hair etc). He works in the clothing business. Due to this, he can wear things most people cannot. Given his looks and build, he will look good pretty much regardless. Given that he works in a clothing store, he can wear a polo under a suit and have it looked as sprezzatura. Most of us cannot. Don't try to be him. You are not him.

very true

that said, I would kill for a Panta-made sweater styled exactly like the one he's wearing in the photo below made in the same grey cashmere you used to make your pants paired with the french buttons you also used on your pants. Would also love a vest in the same fabric if you ever decide to make them one day

15.jpg

ndw

Reaction score
vests will be done. hopefully sweaters too.

My apologies if this has been addressed already, but are you also considering suits, sportcoats etc?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he looks fine but here is the thing that we miss sometimes when looking at these pics and passing judgement. He is a very good looking guy. He has a certain "look" (the hair, the facial hair etc). He works in the clothing business. Due to this, he can wear things most people cannot. Given his looks and build, he will look good pretty much regardless. Given that he works in a clothing store, he can wear a polo under a suit and have it looked as sprezzatura. Most of us cannot. Don't try to be him. You are not him.

Good point.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Panta longwing.

When it comes out, I will buy one in every hide and every color.

- B

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Scott Schuman is a professionial photographer in the same way that Rachael Ray is a professional chef.

Good point as well. I think... Could you localize the comparison for the European audience?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ You will give up your loyalty to the AE seconds ?

Never. But AE seconds are for owning, treeing, and rubbing with Saphir Renovateur, the Elixir of the Gods...not for wearing. Their most holy soles flit above the base Earth.

Back to the Panta longwing: if anyone can solve the unsightly creasing problem, it will be Ed. I might be going on a limb, but I see a spaghetti welt in the future of this longwing.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Good point as well. I think... Could you localize the comparison for the European audience?

Hmmm. Let me try. Tell me if this analogy works:

Scott Schuman is a professionial photographer in the same way that the Dutch are 2010 FIFA World Cupâ„¢ champions.

confused.gif

- B

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Let me try. Tell me if this analogy works:

Scott Schuman is a professionial photographer in the same way that the Dutch are 2010 FIFA World Cupâ„¢ champions.

confused.gif

- B

Ouch. Thank you. He isn't that good though. The Hairy Bikers?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Ouch. Thank you. He isn't that good though. The Hairy Bikers?

laugh.gif
True.

There is definitely a talent, though, in making a living taking the same photograph over and over again. No one can take that away from him.

- B

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is definitely a talent, though, in making a living taking the same photograph over and over again. No one can take that away from him.

I agree.

(I think the Hairy Bikers are great, btw. So that analogy goes limp too"”as we say in Dutch.)

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
61710Simonepolo_3529Web.jpg

I hate how it's a true 3-button with almost no roll to the 2nd button.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics