• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call him misunderstood just yet. Just new. Still amassing his army of followers :)

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a lot of nice Ann D outerwear on final sale at Barney's.

skintight

Reaction score
Anyhow, my "1 purchase per season" rule is working out pretty well. It eliminates a lot of **** you just buy on impulse and fleeting desire.
I try to do 1 purchase per month but I end up making 3 or 4.
uhoh.gif
It doesn't help when an item I have my eye on goes on sale.
I actually sometimes purposefully don't buy something immediately because I expect it to go on sale. Since Toronto isn't very fashion-savvy it's pretty easy to figure out what will last until sales and what will sell out.

Last edited:

skintight

Reaction score
Purging your closet can actually be fun.
I helped my friend purge his and it was pretty fun, but also easy because half is stuff he either didn't like anymore or didn't fit anymore. It's tough with myself because I still like most of what I own, I just rarely wear it.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Apparently there's a Styleforum meetup in SF tomorrow?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

thatguymj

Reaction score

Apparently there's a Styleforum meetup in SF tomorrow?

I wanted to go but have a late meeting in Palo Alto and don't think I can make it up to SF in time.

brimley

Reaction score
If anyone was looking to pick something up off of Yoox, you're welcome, I put in a big order on Sunday and VALENTINE came out about 10 hrs later. Never fails...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SoCal was an early employee at GILT, and he left well before this stage. When he left, he told me "The problem with it is that it's a fashion company that is trying to be a tech company." I agree with that completely.

The problem with GILT thinking of itself as a tech company and acting like a tech company is that most tech execs have the fashion knowledge of a disabled sloth, and zero intuition of those things. You can't look at numbers and know whether something is going to do well or not. You can't read WWD and figure that out either, though that's a little better, because at very least, WWD reports on more than just the business side of fashion. You have to actually have knowledge of trends and a good understanding of your consumer on a gut level in addition to having a good business sense in order to make it work.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I gotta say sorta glad niners lost :eek:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Setting aside pursuit of wears and focusing on what the hell I am doing for my 4th annual Valentines. Think I might keep it classy this year two dozen long stemmed pink roses and surprise her with a beach candle light dinner. What I'm thinking is sweeping her off her feet as I carry her over the sand and we then enjoy dinner with the soothing sounds of waves breaking.....shiiiiiiiiit

Side note- never order flowers from an online site, got to local florist

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads