• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jet, if I kop a jesus piece, can I attend this party?

Also, if I had the funds, I would wear MMM, Dries and Jil to work every day.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
they don't really dress like that in LA but in oc that's still the uniform, this du had about 19 crosses embroidered on his button up last night

well snap some photos, i'd love to see what "casual sophistication" looks like

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
it's just gonna be a bunch of mini kanyes and fonzworth bentleys running around with bowties and too tight cardigans

just had some saffron and rosewater ice cream **** is the bomb

Naka

Reaction score
what's better is now they can even make it official (which I think they plan to do on their first anniversary, assuming CA has it together by then)

I'm not sure where I stand on any of this.  I think you should just define "civil union" and give it all the tax benefits, inheritance benefits, visiting when dying in the hospital benefits, etc etc. and leave it at that.  if you want to be civilly united with another woman, man, animal, whatever....all power to you.

Leave "marriage" alone as an old form of "civil union" (man and woman).  If you insist on you using a fountain pen instead of a tablet, that's fine...just like if you want to get married, instead of one of the cooler 'civil unions'. 

Adopting kids is weird, and I don't know where I stand on this at all.  "Research" on this is nonsense, we all know that what passes for "science" in this area of research is not "science".  I guess you can make the case a baby adopted by a gay or lesbian couple is a biological abnormality.  In the 1990s it was the height of fashion for wealthy Americans to adopt a baby girl from China or Bangladesh.  Nobody considered such trans-racial, trans-cultural adoption as unnnatural.  Yet, in Australia, they tried to wipe out the Aboriginal culture (after it became illegal to wipe out Aborigines by shooting them), by forcefully breaking up families and putting Aboriginal kids for adoption by British (white) parents.  THe official line was the kids were "being civilised".  I'm sure some of the people adopting were good-hearted people who grew to love these kids as their own.  There was also abuse, some of the adoptees were treated like slaves.  There was research to show such adoption would convert savage Aborigines into semi-civilised people not worthy of being wiped out.   So using a similar line of reasoning to this, you can also make the case you are forcing a baby to be raised in the gay-o-sphere or lesbo-sphere to become gay/lesbian/extremely confused...

Whatever.  It looks lthe earth is going to warm up and we'll all be dead before these kids are old enough to realise who they are and what happened to them, to thank/complain about it...

Shut the **** up.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Pride Parade is tomorrow. The Dyke march was today. The version of State Governor here is openly lesbian and marching in the parade...a first in history. She had 3 kids and many grandkids, but from her previous phase as a straight, married lady-politician, before she came out.

This is being hotly debated everywhere today.
You should give reasons, instead of just saying "STFU" or "Fu^$ of&" or whatever....

NOT HERE

Last edited:

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess you can make the case a baby adopted by a gay or lesbian couple is a biological abnormality.

This statement raises some very uncomfortable implications as to all nontraditional parenting environments. I was raised almost entirely by my mother for a solid chunk of my childhood. I know many people who were raised by one parent entirely. I know many people who have two dads or two moms. To write these people (and they are almost all wonderful, intelligent, emotionally mature people) off as "biological abnormalities" is some ignorant ****. Go out into the world and meet people. goddamn

wait it's miran lol you got me again. still

Last edited:

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supposing you had a khaki cotton suit with an enormous red wine stain on it. And, knowing you could never get the stain out, you decided to embrace the colour and just soak the whole suit in red wine; what do you think would happen?

zapatiste

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Dat hat

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that supposed to be the Margiela tag 'logo' in foreign numerals or something?

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Supposing you had a khaki cotton suit with an enormous red wine stain on it. And, knowing you could never get the stain out, you decided to embrace the colour and just soak the whole suit in red wine; what do you think would happen?
definitely do this, I know wine can be used to dye leather with beautiful results. I'd like to see how this works out.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Summertime or as it should known from now on green winter.

I seriously regret not wearing gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics