• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top!

Also, can anyone proxy me something from the Barney's web store? There's only one left and I want to secure it tonight :)
Pm please!

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the jeans came out of the bleaching process looking incredible. The only catch is that I've finally accepted they're just too damn tight on me.

Gah, all I want are a pair of decently faded, fairly decent blue jeans; **** this raw denim ****.

In related news, interested parties will be delighted to know that I'll be putting a pair of 3Sixteens (in really, really good condition) on B&S.

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a size 32, but thanks for the link man.

edit: I'm also part of the "well damn, my thighs are disproportionately large compared to my waist size" club. It's kind of amusing to me that my best-fitting pair of jeans (really the only ones I've been wearing at all lately) are my Uniqlo jeans.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
look for LVCs or RRLs on ebay that match up to your measurements. you can probably snag something for like $100.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the jeans came out of the bleaching process looking incredible. The only catch is that I've finally accepted they're just too damn tight on me.
Gah, all I want are a pair of decently faded, fairly decent blue jeans; **** this raw denim ****.
In related news, interested parties will be delighted to know that I'll be putting a pair of 3Sixteens (in really, really good condition) on B&S.

I have some 67's in bob wash or something like that. Super light, they are nice. they are zipper fly though, which sucks.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RRL Southwest wash is basically exactly what I want. Anything that is button-fly, slim/tapered, and of good quality will fit the bill (provided I can take advantage of sales prices). This is all kind of a shame since the bleaching actually turned out really ******* well.

Hopefully someone will want to buy my jeans. :happy:

Habitant, what kind of cut are teh 67s? I've really no knowledge of LVC. :confused:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black cordura diemme boots came back on my wishlist at mr porter and I ordered them, they upgraded me to one day shipping even though the deal expired. Pretty nice

transient

Reaction score
Got really tired of chasing after the perfect denims after a couple years. So I got some dark wash Levis for $35. Feels good.

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color isn't 100% accurate, but it's close. Also, I don't know why the left leg looks brighter than the right, but it's really not. In any case, they'll photograph better in natural light.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy something in a straight slimish cut then get them tailored, this is the only way I get jeans to fit right, best fitting jeans are a pair of samurai 710 xx which is a slim straight that I had tapered to a 7" hem from the knee down. Most tapered cuts they start to taper at the thigh, problem is thighs don't taper...
The RRL Southwest wash is basically exactly what I want. Anything that is button-fly, slim/tapered, and of good quality will fit the bill (provided I can take advantage of sales prices). This is all kind of a shame since the bleaching actually turned out really ******* well.
Hopefully someone will want to buy my jeans.
happy.gif

Habitant, what kind of cut are teh 67s? I've really no knowledge of LVC.
confused.gif

Last edited:

thewho13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I've got a pair of grey J Brand "Kane" jeans I got for cheap on sale a year ago, gonna see if getting them tapered will make them worthwhile to keep around. If that works out well, then I'll just do the same with another pair of straight-ish jeans.

Last edited:

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
perfect denim are the triple works slim jeans. I have them in blue and black.. best quality, and cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads