• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slaani
Definitely heard that, especially as a student. I find myself deciding not to wear my ricards in outfits that would do well with them, just because decent shoes seem out of place for putzing around campus. Sucks because I fiended over them for months before I finally found and copped, and now I have worn them a grand total of twice since no occasion seems appropriate.

i too, use to be this way. now i just screw it and wear wtvr i want.. otherwise ill have a closet with $$$ of clothing but wear sweats and tshirts everyday just to fit in

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely heard that, especially as a student. I find myself deciding not to wear my ricards in outfits that would do well with them, just because decent shoes seem out of place for putzing around campus. Sucks because I fiended over them for months before I finally found and copped, and now I have worn them a grand total of twice since no occasion seems appropriate.
Rock them. You have $600 boots, they do not deserve to be locked in the closet. I'm wearing mine today with my old ripped up KMWs, I regularly wear them with my PBJs as well, but now that it's getting rainy I can't wear them. It's been sunny the last few days so I've pulled them out for a last hurrah for the year

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm becoming the opposite. I've been running around in leather JP's or Vans almost every day since the beginning of summer. I'm ready to plop done some paper for a couple pairs of boots that I'll likely end up wearing the majority of the winter.

My wardrobe is still pretty meager and I can only afford to add some nicer pieces to it at a rate of about one or two per month. Hence, I wear a lot of plain tees or thermals. Pairing them up with some nice denim and boots keeps the fit basic, but infinitely nicer.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i feel you whodini. i want to pick up some dressier footwear but am afraid i wont actually wear what i buy. also, its expensive

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear my boots all the time around campus. They're on hiatus right now, because I tend to auto-destruct most soles and am waiting to slap on a quieter, rubber sole.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
i feel you whodini. i want to pick up some dressier footwear but am afraid i wont actually wear what i buy. also, its expensive
Especially since we're students and more so when I'm down in Costa Rica where it rains 300 days out of the year. It takes no effort on my part to put on a Margiela shirt or some $300 jeans but I balk at the thought of throwing on some PS brogues when I'm just putting around.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
i completely trash footwear too, so it worries me when what I'm ******* up is actually nice.

I will be buying some katahdins tho

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i completely trash footwear too, so it worries me when what I'm ******* up is actually nice.

I feel ya. I find it hard to throw down the bills on a pair of nice sneakers or lace-ups not knowing how much of a beating they'll be getting in the future. Boots on the other hand I have no problem beating to hell.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Most boots look better beat up, unless your intention is to use them for formal situations. Otherwise, most people end up looking too rigid wearing street wear paired with immaculate boots.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like wearing dressier shoes, some wingtips, etc.

but my beautiful pair of paul smith starrs in a great brown dip-dye has been in the box since I've bought them. Great to look at but not as practical as other shoes.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
SMH @ this page

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, boots and sneakers look better a little dirty and stuff. Dress shoes though is a bit different. I have a few pairs that was great for teaching and stuff, but since i'm not doing so now, they're sitting in my closet 26 out of 30 days of the month. Weddings, nice dinners or get togethers and a few other small things like that and it's about it. Definitely need to sell either my NDC or Helmuts as i don't need 2 black dress shoes i don't wear often or i'll pick one of them and just start beating them up but money might be more interesting as i'd rather beat up some boots. If i had an occasion to wear them more like an office i'd happily have a bunch of dress shoes to rotate. Feel bad tossing some of my nicer dress shoes and slacks in case i'd need/want them in the future. I'm a big pack rat

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Especially since we're students and more so when I'm down in Costa Rica where it rains 300 days out of the year. It takes no effort on my part to put on a Margiela shirt or some $300 jeans but I balk at the thought of throwing on some PS brogues when I'm just putting around.

I'm a student as well ( I work full time too ) and I love my footwear - wish I had decent access to it though as I have to buy blind.

I catch alot of public transport / walk so good shoes are a must.

Footwear is the last thing I've come to as well.

Originally Posted by snake
I feel ya. I find it hard to throw down the bills on a pair of nice sneakers or lace-ups not knowing how much of a beating they'll be getting in the future. Boots on the other hand I have no problem beating to hell.

I know what you mean.

I'm just going to start picking up CP's on B&S in my size when I see them and build up a decent collection. Nice sneakers are really nice and you notice it but the cost is pretty big for baller status.

Some boots look better beaten up i.e my Daytons are looking awesome after wearing in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads