• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda like these prints, would look good under a leather (or would it?!?!):

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

it's been said before but streetetiquette needs a grammar coach/copy editor.

They do, but only for some posts. Makes for some inconsistency for people who do care about that sort of thing.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt reminds me of:

A lot more than Three Wolf Moon. As you can see I was just browsing the WAYWT thread lol

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
looking at all those blogs makes me want to create one and jot down all my random/awkward/inspirational thoughts.

little bit of everything i like from my pov...like every other blog out there :fu:

honestly though, i actually enjoy writing. i have a lot of time to myself, and more often than not, i wish i had a "notepad" for my thoughts.
if anything, it'll just be my "anonymous e-diary" omg...

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the more time i spend grading ****** essays the angrier i get at ****** blogs!

The average American can't write too well, man. I always find it funny that a foreign exchange student can come in and learn how to be a better writer than a good portion of his classmates in just a couple of years.

I'm not the best writer, and my bosses forward me emails to check before they go out to the whole region or country. If you see some (most actually) of these emails, you would probably kill yourself since this is your forte.

I plan on restarting my blog up sooner or later, and I know most of you felllas would massacre it to death. I just hope I get some cookie points for being a SF member. :foo::embar:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looking at all those blogs makes me want to create one and jot down all my random/awkward/inspirational thoughts.
little bit of everything i like from my pov...like every other blog out there :fu:
honestly though, i actually enjoy writing. i have a lot of time to myself, and more often than not, i wish i had a "notepad" for my thoughts.
if anything, it'll just be my "anonymous e-diary" omg...

Do it, man. If you have the time to dedicate to it, it's pretty therapeutic. Before I worked, I would just post about what I'm into, how I dress, work out routines, etc. I had 4 followers on my Blogspot and I couldn't care less.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think i may. in my mind i would consider it as a "rolling project." it would help improve my writing, and i honestly do miss writing essays during my days as a student. i think i was one of the few whom enjoyed the task. looking at your work after editing and turning it in was very rewarding experience, with all the varying topics courses offered to learn about.

Last edited:

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i think i may. in my mind i would consider it as a "rolling project." it would help improve my writing, and i honestly do miss writing essays during my days as a student. i think i was one of the few whom enjoyed the task. looking at your work after editing and turning it in was very rewarding experience, with all the varying topics courses offered to learn about.

I miss writing essays too. Now I just write walls of text about postmodernism on styleforum.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They remind me of Damirs, :uhoh:
(apparently I'm alone in my disgust for early DD boots)

had the ones with lug sole :embar: prob would of kept them if they were black and not flesh tone

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they were nice but i couldnt get used to the sleek silhouette and colour.
i sized down to a 41 (from my mmm gat size--you are a diff story :laugh:)

edit: they were on a huge discount at oki ni when i bought them.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: fiction worth reading—the best novelist ever to come out of Brazil was a guy named Machado de Assis. Start with "Epitaph of a Small Winner." It's in the vein of Tristram Shandy. Susan Sontag called Machado the greatest writer Latin America ever produced. I'd definitely say top 3, at least.

The thing that bugs me most about the #menswear b.s. is that these guys all look exactly the same. There doesn't seem to be any individual style involved. They're just collections of trends. I ripped on Nick Wooster a bit but at least he has his own style and he's not just aping what he sees elsewhere. (Same for Milan Vukmirovic and a handful of other blogger idols out there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads