• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Spring Sale

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
Wo beat me to the punch on the last pair of Grants in burnished calf (11 D) at the BH Store? I did manage both the Grant and Eden in Black

Do you know if there were a lot of sizes left in the Eden? Thanks.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
passed by the mansion and was told that navy and charcoal RLBL suits are not on discount. Blue label is however.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was quoted $725 for a polo II that was surprisingly slim and well fitting.

Assuming I could get the extra 20%, is $600 + tax a good deal?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano

If you really like the suit, it's a reasonable price, especially if it's a solid. Solids are hard to come by on discount. Patterns and some of Ralph's quirkier offerings can be had commonly for $400 or less. Sometimes significantly less. Of course, they won't be from the current season.

Bear in mind, though, that an extra $200-$300, and some bargain shopping, can put you in striking distance of some extremely nice suits. So, in short, if you really like the suit, it's not a bad buy, but don't buy it just because of the sale price.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
If you really like the suit, it's a reasonable price, especially if it's a solid. Solids are hard to come by on discount. Patterns and some of Ralph's quirkier offerings can be had commonly for $400 or less. Sometimes significantly less. Of course, they won't be from the current season. Bear in mind, though, that an extra $200-$300, and some bargain shopping, can put you in striking distance of some extremely nice suits. So, in short, if you really like the suit, it's not a bad buy, but don't buy it just because of the sale price.
The question is , can that extra $200-$300 get me a solid charcoal suit in a 38R within a month or so? It seems that bargains are rare, but bargains in staple colors more so, and in 38R almost once in a lifetime. If you had something specific in mind, please point me to the right direction.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The question, can that extra $200-$300 get me a solid charcoal suit in a 38R within a month or so?

It seems that bargains are rare, but bargains in staple colors more so, and in 38R almost once in a lifetime.

If you had something specific in mind, point me to the right direction.

If you need solid charcoal, and in short order, this is probably a good time to get it. You're the same size as me, and 38R ain't easy to come by. I've managed to find Corneliani and Zegna solids on deep discount, but it's taken a lot of work.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by earthdragon
Wo beat me to the punch on the last pair of Grants in burnished calf (11 D) at the BH Store? I did manage both the Grant and Eden in Black

You need the SA do a systemwide search for you. I was trying find some size 11.5 brown Grants. The SA (714-4351492) just called to let me know he could find any browns 11.5s.
But he did find 11s and 13s in brown.

rando

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
You need the SA do a systemwide search for you. I was trying find some size 11.5 brown Grants. The SA (714-4351492) just called to let me know he could find any browns 11.5s.
But he did find 11s and 13s in brown.

Judging by the 714 area code, that must be someone from the Southcoast store. Do you have a name or should I just call the store to do systemwide search?

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
If you need solid charcoal, and in short order, this is probably a good time to get it. You're the same size as me, and 38R ain't easy to come by. I've managed to find Corneliani and Zegna solids on deep discount, but it's taken a lot of work.

Would you say that none solids is where the bargains can be found?

I like the suit and it fits nice, but the back is not flat. Is making the suit fit flat on my back easy for a tailor?

raphael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PittDoc
That "thing" could use a turtleneck Polo!

laugh.gif

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pledge - My guy was off sick today.
I am heading in to collect my haul (and hopefully they found me the Brown Grants) tomorrow.

I will endeavour to do a 'discreet' search of styles & sizes they have left and update.

tonup277

Reaction score
yipee
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
just scored pair of black grants from the madison store with the 40% + 20%.
they didn't have my size, but the guy offered to order them for me - and even shipped to my place.

billiebob

Reaction score

I think a solid charcoal or navy Polo II for $600 is an excellent deal. I used to scour ebay for these suits, but I have never seen a solid charcoal in my size. There are mostly stripes and patterns available. I paid $400 on ebay for a stripey one in 42R that is too bold for my taste.

The black label suits at Syms and for sale in Buying and Selling were going for around $600 these past few months, but I don't think they were solids.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait, they still have grants in other stores? I called Mansion today, they said everything was out in my size (11.5), but he didn't offer to look for me in other stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads