• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ralph Lauren Big Pony Italian Flag Polo

lespaul

Reaction score
Hello there,

I need some help clearing up this issue about the Ralph Lauren Big Pony Collection Italian Flag.

This is regarding the BACK part of the shirt.

1. There are shirts that I've seen which includes both the Italian and the US flag at the back of the shirt,

and

2. There are also shirts that only have the Italian flag at the back.

Why is this so?

I've included some pictures just to make things clearer.

Please help me solve this issue! Thanks!!!

Jennifer
polo88A-2.jpg

lespaul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
I have seen shirts with teh polo emblem on the front and/or on the back of teh shirts. Can someone explain the significance of this phenomenon?

Well I think that one is pretty common.

How bout the flags???

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At what point in their growth cycle do the ponies become horses? Anyone?

neyus

Reaction score
These shirts are awful. Its taking three concepts and exploiting them to the limits.

neyus

Reaction score
They look fake, but they probably aren't. Ralph Lauren isn't immune from such cringe worthy designs

lpastor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
At what point in their growth cycle do the ponies become horses? Anyone?

ponies are a specific type of horse, so they will always be ponies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony

as to the shirt ... while I think it looks pretty bad, you can't really say its any different
of their other over branded clothes.

godofcoffee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpastor
ponies are a specific type of horse, so they will always be ponies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony

as to the shirt ... while I think it looks pretty bad, you can't really say its any different
of their other over branded clothes.

Moreover, polo ponies are a specific kind of horse that is not a pony in the traditional sense (they're often bred from racing horses).

And +1 on the quote about branded clothes. Mr. Lauren just gets more outrageous with every passing day.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by godofcoffee
Moreover, polo ponies are a specific kind of horse that is not a pony in the traditional sense (they're often bred from racing horses).

And +1 on the quote about branded clothes. Mr. Lauren just gets more outrageous with every passing day.

yup

If i remember correctly, polo ponies usually come from good racing stock, like throughbreds or arabians, and are selected to be slightly smaller in size than an average horse of those breeds.

But not a real "pony" by any means.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Until the other 85% of Americans can start to recognize what quality clothing actually means, they'll have to settle for guessing it's determined by the size of the logo and will be subject to Ralph's exploitation and brand whoring.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What website did it come from? If you are so worried about fakes, by it from the RL site or another Dept. Store site. Why are people so cheap about this stuff. I mean it's a PRL shirt, they can't get that much cheaper.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Until the other 85% of Americans can start to recognize what quality clothing actually means, they'll have to settle for guessing it's determined by the size of the logo and will be subject to Ralph's exploitation and brand whoring.

Ralph Lauren (besides having the most attractive female models on the planet) carries many of the more "busy" polos to give the polos a more authentic feel. While I am not a huge fan of these shirts they do have a purpose outside of RL's branding phenomenon.

Polo are not just called "polos" because it sounds cute...polos were and still are the jerseys that legitimate polo players wear to play. The number on the sleeve represents the position the player has. However, I don't know why they would have two flags.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elliebelle