• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raffaele Caruso suits from eHaberdasher

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
would you like to buy a question mark?
teacha.gif

I think the true 3B is generally not liked but personally I think it gets an undeserved bad rap. There are bad versions, many, but for some people it does actually work and when it's done right can be good (see above example). I suspect it's more the "thing to do" right now to rebel against the previous trend mostly because of when it was done poorly, but in time it'll come back around. just my $0.02

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Only wear suits for 3 months in India so all weights are OK for me. ..

Is it that bad? You probably should be getting bunch of linen jackets and suits. As for 3 button suit, I wouldn't worry about it, they are just fine.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9 months of the year, it is so hot that even the federal ministers and the billionaires even do not put on any jackets / SC over a shirt. Open collar shirt is perfectly acceptable in all quarters in summers. In winters it is quite cold ....

CBRYDR

Reaction score
CBRYDR;3127105 said:
Originally Posted by aj_del
FWIW, I just bought a greay flannel suit from there and it is on it's way. From my point of view a Caruso made suit of Carlo Barbera flannel with patch pockets for 640 delivered is not a bad deal.

Only hiccup is that from their pics it looks to be a true 3 button jacket rather than a 3 roll 2/2.5.

thanks for the pic AJ. The one that I'm looking at, looks like a 3 more than a 3 roll 2, and I would be kind of disappointed if I got the latter. I can't stand the visible top buttonhole on the lapel rolls in a 3 roll 2. That's just my preference. This is what I am looking at:

caruso_AC0J060220a.jpg

I'm hoping the product viewed is what I'm receiving.

so is this more of a 2 roll 2.9 pr would this be in the "SF not approved" 3 button category.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me, that cut is fine. The type of three button cut I don't like too much is when the two sides stay together as if buttoned even when the button is undone, with the lapel rolling more suddenly from above the button position.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBRYDR
It's part of uniform. What's right is right. Right?

Plus, I'm on client site, daily

If you are in the US, you can not deduct suits just because you wear them to work. You may be able to get around this if you sew oval patches with your first name on the chest. I was taught in law school that since suits may be worn to events other than work they are not deductible.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBRYDR
It's part of uniform. What's right is right. Right?

Plus, I'm on client site, daily

Nice try, but as others have pointed out, this doesn't pass muster.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something, or are these suits not 3 roll 2.5 since the top buttonhole is partially covered and would not be buttoned?

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjmin209
Nice try, but as others have pointed out, this doesn't pass muster.

Unless you are a 1099 (consultant).

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jc138

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
If you are in the US, you can not deduct suits just because you wear them to work. You may be able to get around this if you sew oval patches with your first name on the chest. I was taught in law school that since suits may be worn to events other than work they are not deductible.
That's pretty close to what my prof said: If it doesn't have your name on the front of it, its not deductible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads