• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

apothoray

Reaction score
Their last guide is likely still a work in progress. At the moment the Hand Grade Collection has shoes on the 337, 348, 358, 363, and 373 last.

Interesting, I really hope that your interpretation is correct. With regards to the 358, the sales person in the Paris store (La Madeleine) indicated that they no longer have shoes in this last. I have the feeling it's been a while since I've seen this last in any of the stores. Also, I think that 348 in your list is main line and essentially the equivalent of 358 in hand grade with respect to last shape. So, your list seems to be similar to the website: 337, 363, 373, (and maybe an elusive 358).

LeatherFoot

Reaction score
Interesting, I really hope that your interpretation is correct. With regards to the 358, the sales person in the Paris store (La Madeleine) indicated that they no longer have shoes in this last. I have the feeling it's been a while since I've seen this last in any of the stores. Also, I think that 348 in your list is main line and essentially the equivalent of 358 in hand grade with respect to last shape. So, your list seems to be similar to the website: 337, 363, 373, (and maybe an elusive 358).

There is the Hallam II, Merton II, and Monkton II in the Hand Grade Collection that are on the 348 last in crocodile. https://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/hand-grade-collection/?last=348

As for the 358 the only one available at the moment is the Chadwick II. https://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/hand-grade-collection/?last=358

apothoray

Reaction score
There is the Hallam II, Merton II, and Monkton II in the Hand Grade Collection that are on the 348 last in crocodile. https://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/hand-grade-collection/?last=348

As for the 358 the only one available at the moment is the Chadwick II. https://www.crockettandjones.com/collections/mens/hand-grade-collection/?last=358
OK, I stand corrected... I think that there must be a region-specific filter applied to the search results. When I follow your links I get a message that says "There are no products matching the selection." In the previous version of the website, it was possible to browse the collection from UK, France, Belgium. Now it seems to be automated into the website and the shoes you mentioned presumably aren't available in my location (Belgium). I had assumed incorrectly that the full product range was now available in all regions. I can't find a way to switch the region in the current website. Thanks for the heads-up.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bensilver got some of the best styles that are nowhere else to be found on lasts CJ is not producing anymore .. Whitehall, Rosebery, Berkeley .. Prices are outrageous, though ..

Crockett Jones has introduced the new feature "Special Order" .. Basically a MTO program, starting at 600 GBP. Would be interesting to know if you could select some of their 1950s lasts when their styles were typically English ..

Last edited:

ultramantaro

Reaction score
FAIK and through feedback on several forums, the 337 last is an older handgrade model which I am not sure if C&J still makes. Fransboone had a bunch of them last year during their summer sale when I picked up a pair for about $340 USD shipped.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post
Cornhill for Ben Silver

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Speaking of Ben Silver, what's the story behind this boot:

http://www.bensilver.com/The-Skye-Derby-Boot-in-Tan,25393.html#.WJzqKvkrLtQ

Picture attached below. Was this a limited Skye style only made for select stores? I'm curious because this is what I bought in Germany a few weeks ago, I think it's the same style. Skye 3 with combo of scotch tan grain and tan burnished calf.

Yet to wear it. I just stare at it in awe every night. Maybe Saturday I'll be brave enough to wear finally.

SartorialSol

Reaction score
The Repton as well is a fantastic Ben Silver exclusive. If I could buy it at U.K. prices I'd do so in a heartbeat.
I have the Seymour which seems to be cousins to the Repton. Repton is on 337 and Seymour is 358. Both are an upgrade to the Lowndes for sure - never quite loved my Lowndes for some reason. Maybe I'm just use to the handgrades.

blueline7

Reaction score
Haha a Toronto MTO would be nice, except for the crappy Canadian dollar!

Have my first pair of C&J arriving next week. Brown Coniston from Frans Boone!
Congratulations. C&J has changed my life for the better and I wish you the same enjoyment!

If anyone else is jonesing for Whiskey Cordovans please speak up, and maybe an MTO will come together. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads