• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

MDeKelver

Reaction score
Sizing inquiry: I have tried on Church's Burghley in 10E UK on their 137 last. I am seeking my size in C&J 348 last, and am settling on 10 UK. Agreement or advice?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My unlined brown shell Harvard's were terrible looking.. matte like finish ... rough shell. I never like to use wax or creams.. I hit each shoe with Reno not once but twice.. shoes soaked up the mink in the Reno and are now what I expect from shell. Softness in wear comes to mind ..:embar:

Finnemann

Reaction score

For you cordovan fans...broke these out today to get ready for autumn...note the gorgeous patina
Amazing shoes! Seeing your impressive collection of C&J I was wondering if you could help me out regarding sizing of the skye 2. I own both the tetbury and 2 hallams on the 348 last in size 7UK, which is perfect in the tetbury and a snug fit in the hallams (for some reason my tetburies seem to be a bit roomier). I am now about to pull the trigger on the skye cordovan, and was wondering if you have your tetburies and sky2 in the same size? Would also be interesting to get your views on the difference in fit on the 335 and 348 last. Can't wait to welcome the Norwegian rain/snow season in these!

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing shoes! Seeing your impressive collection of C&J I was wondering if you could help me out regarding sizing of the skye 2. I own both the tetbury and 2 hallams on the 348 last in size 7UK, which is perfect in the tetbury and a snug fit in the hallams (for some reason my tetburies seem to be a bit roomier). I am now about to pull the trigger on the skye cordovan, and was wondering if you have your tetburies and sky2 in the same size? Would also be interesting to get your views on the difference in fit on the 335 and 348 last. Can't wait to welcome the Norwegian rain/snow season in these!

My Tetburies are all UK11E and my SKYE and SKYE2 are both UK11E.

I honestly think that I could size down a half size in the Tetbury and still be ok...especially in it's unlined brother the Milton.

But I once accidentally took home the SKYE chestnut in a 10.5E and it was too snug...and I was confused....and went and looked at the size of my SKYE2's and realized they were an 11E...so I took them back the next day and replaced them with the 11E.

That's really all I can tell you for sizing advice...feet are weird and everyone is different.

But, the SKYE2 is an awesome boot...you won't ever regret pulling the trigger on it.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I would put out some feelers for a GMTO I'm attempting to organize on the Crockett & Jones MTO Central thread.

Basically a RL Gianni in dark / medium dark scotch grain, eyelets & speedhooks, double Dainite with storm welt. I've contacted Lauren at C&J who arranged the production of the whiskey Harlech's and am waiting to hear back. Last time I spoke with her regarding this identical design was in April and the cost was going to be £350 exc. VAT so I hope it'll be similar. I've also inquired about a split-toe which C&J don't do with cordovan but might with calf.

At the moment there are 3 confirmed interested participants, with one "maybe". Think we'll need 12 so let me know if you're interested.

:slayer:

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I would put out some feelers for a GMTO I'm attempting to organize on the Crockett & Jones MTO Central thread.

Basically a RL Gianni in dark / medium dark scotch grain, eyelets & speedhooks, double Dainite with storm welt. I've contacted Lauren at C&J who arranged the production of the whiskey Harlech's and am waiting to hear back. Last time I spoke with her regarding this identical design was in April and the cost was going to be £350 exc. VAT so I hope it'll be similar. I've also inquired about a split-toe which C&J don't do with cordovan but might with calf.

At the moment there are 3 confirmed interested participants, with one "maybe". Think we'll need 12 so let me know if you're interested.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
could be interesting...but I have to admit that if I was gonna get a Gianni it would be in shell.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

could be interesting...but I have to admit that if I was gonna get a Gianni it would be in shell.

Shell is certainly nice of course, but I was thinking more along the lines of something I would happily wear in torrential rain in the city / country.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Popped into the Colmore Row shop today for a cuppa and catch-up with the ladies and noticed these:

C&J MTO resoleable trainers, apparently. Circa £600 and all colours available...

I was having an Islay day, myself...

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Nope...I thought they were bowling shoes at first. I'm a trainer man too, and I'll be sticking to the usual suspects in the gym and on the street...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads