• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I remember correctly, the Ludlow are on 348 (which is probably the most popular/common HG last). Sharp boot and I am still sad BNY did not have my size. Wear in good health.

Wish it wasn't on the 348, $360 for that boot was a steal and I've been wanting a rainwear boot for a while. Finishing on my pair was iffy too, vamps were way off on one pair.

Did BB just bump the price of their C&Js $50? It looks like the Peal & Co C&Js are now $648.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/...al & Co&srule=price-high-to-low&_omna=sort-by

Old news, been like that for a few weeks now

jdanielca

Reaction score
I missed out trying on the C&J in London, I did get fitted for G&Gs but that's another story they don't fit as well as the C&Js, I managed to get into the NYC C&J, the size 10 Weymouth fit me really well but for close to £500 I would like to not have to put up with the baroqueing, but I did like the construction, colour not so much. I've decided to go for Edetal here in Singapore who will make a wholecut MTO to my size colour etc for £250, I think that is a more reasonable price for my first leather shoe and I get to choose all aspects of it rather than put up with some aspects I do not like, then I would most likely go for the GG MTO for my next pair a couple of months down the road.

I also like the boot they have in Paris it's pointier and looks very good and it's hardgrade actually i think that would make the best 2nd purchase for me, unless of course Edetal wows me quality wise.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a longtime C&J hater, it has been a while since I've had them on my feet in any capacity. Can someone tell me more about the 348 last? I found a pair that I shockingly love and won't have the chance to go try them on for a while since both Le Bon Marche and the actual C&J store are out of my size.

CandJONLINE

Reaction score
Hi All,

Crockett & Jones has never posted on the official C&J thread before and after getting "very positive" permission from the administrators of SF, we have decided to join in, but only a little... We are not here to detract from what SF does best as it is great to see so many customers discussing the brand in what seems to be a very positive way 99% of the time. We will also not offer opinions to discussions as the choice of a shoe is a personal one. All we intend on doing is putting incorrect facts straight so to ensure the content on SF actually adds value to anyone reading it.

For example (on this page): Our Factory Shop is never on sale and 348 is indeed one of our most popular lasts, but this is a Main Collection last, not Hand Grade.

Crockett & Jones is as genuine as a company can get and we are pleased to read to many positive comments.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Crockett & Jones.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^winning; oh and welcome great to have you here, I expect this theread will benefit highly from your help :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads