• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Areni-1

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Just ordered my first pair of Crockett and Jones. Went with a Snowden in Wax Oak so I can wear a smart casual looking boot to work on days where the weather sucks.

My only problem is I can’t find any info on how to care for the leather. I prefer to use Saphir products and I’ve ordered some Dubbin along with the boots, but otherwise would I just use a conditioner when needed (I assume I’d avoid the oiled leather cream?)?

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Coniston Trinity de-muddied & polished/obenaufed

ZKi2EQD.jpg

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Just ordered my first pair of Crockett and Jones. Went with a Snowden in Wax Oak so I can wear a smart casual looking boot to work on days where the weather sucks.

My only problem is I can’t find any info on how to care for the leather. I prefer to use Saphir products and I’ve ordered some Dubbin along with the boots, but otherwise would I just use a conditioner when needed (I assume I’d avoid the oiled leather cream?)?
Saphir Dubbin or Obenauf's HDLP for protection, but I mix it up with some saphir cream if I want to revive the colour a little.

Areni-1

Reaction score
Saphir Dubbin or Obenauf's HDLP for protection, but I mix it up with some saphir cream if I want to revive the colour a little.
Thanks. So something like Saphir cognac shoe cream (from the looks of it)? Then I guess I’m good to go. Hope the crappy weather keeps up this week and they get here soon.

Marmite89

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I've got two pairs of this boot, one much more beat up than the other. I use the medium brown oiled leather cream on them both, occasionally using a darker creme on the older one to add some pigment back in. I have used dubbin as well in the past with good results.

The oiled leather cream I allow to soak well in overnight and then give it a good brushing.

Ugrant

Reaction score
Hi there,

I would appreciate your opinion/answer for these quick questions:

For a given last (let's say 341), in terms of width, is 8.5UK G the same as 9UK F width or 9.5UK E? I read somewhere that a wide version of a shoe has the same width as the standard version but going up half size. Is that correct?

Is 341 last narrower than 236?

The ultimate question is:
  • assuming my previous point is true -which may not be
  • assuming 341 last narrower than 236 -which may not be

Has 341 Radstock 8UK G the same width as the 236 Connaught 8.5 E?

Note: I actually tried both time ago. I found Radstock slightly roomier in the vamp (more volume), but I don't remember Radstock to be wider... Hhhmm. Maybe a little bit. Not sure. Can't remember well. Anyway, as I said, any comment is really appreciated.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wear of these Islays. I really like them! Leather does not require any breaking in.
Thanks to Alex V at 92 Jermyn Store for sorting this one out for me. UK13 is not part of the regular size run and is not even on the website.
20231010_123505.jpg
20231010_123839.jpg
20231010_123914.jpg
20231010_123857.jpg
20231010_123959.jpg
20231010_125054.jpg
20231010_125111.jpg

Last edited:

kik595

Reaction score
Just trying to get an idea and feel here.... might there be any members potentially interested in a early 2024 GMTO for a Dundee boot in whiskey shell OR tan scotch grain on ridgeway/dainite? What Last it should be on could be discussed too.

Here are some picture references:

Dundee Shell Sample 1

Dundee Shell Sample 2

Dundee Scotch Grain Sample
Absolutely love this idea in shell - do we have any idea what the requirements and pricing may run - especially for shell - with the GMTO updates though?

Would love some Dundees in shell though, and pretty open on last as long as none of the narrowest, myself. Dainite would edge ridgeway for me if in shell - in scotch grain overall I'd be more hesitant as I already own serval variations in C&J and others.

Hope to hear more on this one - would be my first GMTO here! :)

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
Absolutely love this idea in shell - do we have any idea what the requirements and pricing may run - especially for shell - with the GMTO updates though?

Would love some Dundees in shell though, and pretty open on last as long as none of the narrowest, myself. Dainite would edge ridgeway for me if in shell - in scotch grain overall I'd be more hesitant as I already own serval variations in C&J and others.

Hope to hear more on this one - would be my first GMTO here! :)
Great to hear that @kik595 . Requirements and pricing are still to be confirmed. But its likely to be minimum 6 participants required and around £1150. But i will look into all this and confirm it when i announce the GMTO.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donnavenne