• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here, rotate this image 180

2.jpg

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
341 has a more pronounced, sharper toe. I've decided against getting the PTB for myself because it's too pointy for casual wear

You can see this on the Marlow wingtip (325) vs PTB (341).

325 wingtip

p10100136bv.jpg

341 ptb
525x525px-LL-e0d9c09b_vbattach65029.jpg

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ PTB isn't made on the 341 last (as the tassel isn't made on the 325 or 72 as some stated only because Cavendish is in the 325...)

They are probably two archive lasts chosen by RL and not used in the current catalogue.

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ PTB isn't made on the 341 last (as the tassel isn't made on the 325 or 72 as some stated only because Cavendish is in the 325...)

They are probably two archive lasts chosen by RL and not used in the current catalogue.

Owning both RL PTB and Ashworth, the RL Marlow PTB is indeed not 341. It is not as pointy as the Ashdown. The beauty of C&J Burgandy Shell is amazing. Lovin the Ashdown shape, not a Bulbous Alden look.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the PTB on then?

I've heard the theory that the RL shoes are on substantially different lasts, but I don't buy it, at least for the wingtip and loafer

The penny is basically the Boston with a fullstrap
Wingtip is the Pembroke with some broguing differences

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the PTB on then?

I've heard the theory that the RL shoes are on substantially different lasts, but I don't buy it, at least for the wingtip and loafer

The penny is basically the Boston with a fullstrap
Wingtip is the Pembroke with some broguing differences

The C&J for RL Marlow PTB and Marlow SWB and Lindrick boot are on the 325 last. I own them all.

Tuur

Reaction score

Interesting. I'm gonna buy either the Lonsdale in the 363-last or the Audley in the 337-last. I have shoes on the 348-last and I'll make the choice Audley/Lonsdale on which one fits the closest to the 348-last.

On the basis of this chart I would say the 363-last is closer to the 348-last then to the 337. Or not?

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
I don't believe so. I have an a 337 and a 363 in a UK 7. I think the 363 is almost 1 cm longer than the 337, although they are actually about the same width. The 363 is probably a bit too long for me, as some extra leather between the toe cap and laces digs back in on the vamp on my shorter foot. The lasting of the 363 makes it look narrower than it really is.

I am also in the process of deciding between an Audley and Lonsdale. I prefer the round toe but I think the Audley is a better fit.

I think the Connaught is about 1 cm shorter and 1 cm wider in the UK 7 as compared with the 363.

Shame they don't make HGs on the 360 any more.

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm gonna buy either the Lonsdale in the 363-last or the Audley in the 337-last. I have shoes on the 348-last and I'll make the choice Audley/Lonsdale on which one fits the closest to the 348-last.

On the basis of this chart I would say the 363-last is closer to the 348-last then to the 337. Or not?

Tuur, ditto.

I recently purchased a pair of 348 Milton boots and will upload some photos of them shortly. Like yourself, I've been closely studying the rearranged last comparison chart above and am leaning towards the 363 Lonsdale too, for my next C&J purchase of capped Oxford shoes. Also, I'm considering the 341 Radstock too.

I do prefer the sleek looking (square toe) 348 last, albeit for my C&J Tetbury and Milford boots. I think the small round toes of the 363 last are just as sleek looking as the 348 last however, they are arguably more traditional (classic) in their appearance than the 348 to my (conservative / 50 years old) eyes.

Of course, this assumes the actual 363 Lonsdale shoes received are as they appear in the above last comparison chart. Good luck with your planned purchase. In my own case, I will provide an update once my new 363 Lonsdale (or 341 Radstock) shoes have been received.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads