• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice loafers Alex. Great colour aswell.
I think though of all various shoe types, loafers are the hardest to buy without trying on. I do believe a loafer should be tight to begin with as it will expand with your foot, I also find that suede is softer than full grain leather or shell and has a bit more give.
Based on my experience I think if you are experiencing heal slippage now it will only get worse as you wear in. My own experience of c&j g width shoes are that they are very wide. Hope they work out for you.

true statement

The7Ups

Reaction score
Just a side note to Alex's post, while shipton and henage seem to carry only a few c&j styles now, quite a bit of Cheaney in their stock, the c&j prices are quite competitive. The one that stands out for me is the cavendish tassel loafer on the 325 last, s&h price appears to be almost 60gbp less than c&js list price. :slayer:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and they also periodically release a 20£ off coupon so they are 80£ less!

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We finally got a "sunny" day over here in my part of Sweden, so I had the opportunity to take a few shots of my Skye 2. They've been worn around the house for a bit, so they aren't exactly pristine. No post editing except for cropping. Enjoy.

Fabulous looking boots, Congrats.

I just recieved my Lindricks today actually.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which last are the Lindricks on?
Not sure, I'm certain Namor would probably know though. It's probably been posted but since this was my first Crocket and Jones the actual last was not much help for me anyway. No way to compare it to anything.

However Alden wise it compares close but not exact to the Barrie Last. A bit narrower and shorter than this last however. Enough so, that I had to use a half size larger than my normal Barrie last. So for me it was TTS. It really will depend on your feet in regards to whether you size down a half size or wear TTS.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure, I'm certain Namor would probably know though. It's probably been posted but since this was my first Crocket and Jones the actual last was not much help for me anyway. No way to compare it to anything.

However Alden wise it compares close but not exact to the Barrie Last. A bit narrower and shorter than this last however. Enough so, that I had to use a half size larger than my normal Barrie last. So for me it was TTS. It really will depend on your feet in regards to whether you size down a half size or wear TTS.

isnt it on the 325 last? same as marlow i thought?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just wanted to say that I'm finally joining the big boy's shoe club. I just ordered a pair of C&J Brunswick in Dark brown Antique Calf from Robert Old and am already on pins and needles waiting for them. I'm going leaving town in 10 days and didn't want to miss 'em, so I coughed up to express ship them. Still, it's going to be a long week pining...

Quick update - I placed my order on Sunday and everything seemed great except, I didn't get the confirmation email. Hmmm. I checked paypal on Monday and, sure enough, the transaction was pending, so I thought all was good. By Tues, it was still in pending and no confirmation email so I thought I'd email them just to check on it...

I'm happy to report that I got a prompt, courteous and informative response. Turns out, they were out of my size but - luckily - had an order that should arrive in the next few days and mine would ship out immediately upon arrival. Unfortunately, with me leaving next Tuesday, I don't want them sitting on my doorstep or at the post office waiting for my return since I'm unsure how long I'll be gone. So, I told them if they arrive by Thurs to send expedited and they should be here before I leave, otherwise to cancel the order (although I expect to re-order when I return).

I'll note that they re-sent the confirmation which I did receive and it correctly pointed out the stocking issue. All in all, they've been helpful after the fact, and bonus points for the transaction remaining pending until it ships, but - dang-it - I hate it when online stores don't accurately reflect inventory.

In the "everything works perfectly and exactly as expected" world, I would be eagerly awaiting their arrival tomorrow; but, alas.

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We finally got a "sunny" day over here in my part of Sweden, so I had the opportunity to take a few shots of my Skye 2. They've been worn around the house for a bit, so they aren't exactly pristine. No post editing except for cropping. Enjoy.

Good photos and I really like the quarter rear panel which is different from the Lindrick. I don't envy your speed hooks though. While I do like their functionality, they've chewed up way too many cuffs/hems on my trousers.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mertons are on the 348 last - it's both long and roomy. Size down 1/2 size from your normal UK size unless your foot is wide.

The Sydney is on the 341 last - which is shorter, and more almond shaped than the 348. On this last you might stick with your normal UK size. I have a pair ot oxfords on this last and it is definitely more snug in the toes than the 348

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads