• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quinoa

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Black couscous is amazing.

lol8[1].gif

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favourite weeknight meals is a panfried pickerel filet with a wedge of lemon, quinoa with sauteed shallots and a shot of lemon juice, and kale sauteed with onions and apples and a dash of curry. It's delightful, filling but doesn't leave you with that heavy feeling after. Add a brisk sauvignon blanc and you have my perfect weeknight meal.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think I can say, with all honesty, that the thought "this would be better with quinoa" has not ever entered my head. I don't know how this awful little grain became so popular, but I am glad you all enjoy it.

Jesus yes. When did you all become hippie navel gazers?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Jesus yes. When did you all become hippie navel gazers?

where do you think "black quinoa" comes from?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaxixi
Maybe, but instead, consider adding a handful of slivered almonds to your oatmeal? It'll taste better and give you the same or better nutritional benefits as switching grains.
I can't eat the oatmeal any longer so I need to go another route. I was thinking of trying to make this **** with milk and honey. Anybody ever tried that?
I think I can say, with all honesty, that the thought "this would be better with quinoa" has not ever entered my head. I don't know how this awful little grain became so popular, but I am glad you all enjoy it.
In the realm of healthy grains there are only a few options available. For people who care about that sort of thing quinoa would be at the top of the list. I've yet to actually try it myself which is why I'm asking all these questions. Think it looks like crap myself but I'm willing to try anything at least once.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I can't eat the oatmeal any longer so I need to go another route. I was thinking of trying to make this **** with milk and honey. Anybody ever tried that?
I'll make it for breakfast tomorrow. Will report back.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that was my attitude until i had to test a recipe that included it and much to my surprise, it was delicious. open mind, matty! open mind!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd I was just going to post in the other Quinoa thread. I was at Costco and they've started stocking organic quinoa so I picked up a bag. It says that its been pre-rinsed. Does it need to be rinsed again?

Also, any way of turning this into something sweet? I need a replacement for my morning oatmeal.

I mix it with my oatmeal...

Originally Posted by kaxixi
Maybe, but instead, consider adding a handful of slivered almonds to your oatmeal? It'll taste better and give you the same or better nutritional benefits as switching grains.

...and a handful of walnuts...

I can see what you're saying. The nutritional content is what I like best about quinoa.

...for the nutritional benefits.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I'll take couscous over quinoa for my weirdly-named starches.

+1. Couscous is wonderful.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
i put it under a lot of braised dishes. it sops up flavor like nothing else i've used as a bed and has a nice consistency.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'll make it for breakfast tomorrow. Will report back.
Are you going to boil it with the milk or use water and then add the milk/honey later?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you going to boil it with the milk or use water and then add the milk/honey later?
I think I'll rinse it, boil it in water, and then add the milk/honey/brown sugar.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DON'T skip the toasting step. dry pan. medium-high heat. just until it's fragrant. it'll take 1-2 minutes. really enriches the flavor.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We eat it all the time.

My wife is gluten intolerant, and quinoa is one of her cooking staples.

I like it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads