• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pure Blue Japan XX-010

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
"This is a pre-order item, expected delivery is October 31st, 2008" lol
Got down payment on a pair. lulz. Edit: In terms of quality, they're a good jean but they're not a heavy duty jean. Some people insist on riding their jeans like the Tour de France and then complain that they're not well built. You buy PBJ for the denim itself much like you'd buy Nudie for the cut.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
They don't have any yet, but the pics of the other types of PBJs that people from sufu have are already starting to show some damage around the crotch area.

those guys are crazy at sufu. i wear my jeans normally and i still have my Made in china Guess jeans that i wear for heavy labor work days and after almost 9 years of wear i still dont see a blown crotch or stitch or anything.

i think they do overboard there on sufu , wearing their jeans to sleep, 24 hours/7, intentionally trying to wreak havoc onto their jeans 24/7

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
those guys are crazy at sufu. i wear my jeans normally and i still have my Made in china Guess jeans that i wear for heavy labor work days and after almost 9 years of wear i still dont see a blown crotch or stitch or anything.

i think they do overboard there on sufu , wearing their jeans to sleep, 24 hours/7, intentionally trying to wreak havoc onto their jeans 24/7

This is the same conclusion that I have come up with. I have talked with PBJ with concerns after reading comments on sufu. Some of those guys must size down to the extreme and really work to beat them up. PBJ is quality.

The 010 is interesting and will be meeting with PBJ in a few hours and will see it for the first time in person. MofM made a similar style for spring, but we didn't order expecting the XX-010 to be cheaper and a better cut and larger sizes available.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the typical sizing on pbjs?

I am so curious to see what purple weft will fade intooo.... not sure if im $300 curious tho.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Atsui
This is the same conclusion that I have come up with. I have talked with PBJ with concerns after reading comments on sufu. Some of those guys must size down to the extreme and really work to beat them up. PBJ is quality.

The 010 is interesting and will be meeting with PBJ in a few hours and will see it for the first time in person. MofM made a similar style for spring, but we didn't order expecting the XX-010 to be cheaper and a better cut and larger sizes available.

If you guys stock it I'll personally drive down to your store when I'm back in Seattle for my 10 days of leave after I'm finished with boot camp just to buy a pair.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
what is the typical sizing on pbjs? I am so curious to see what purple weft will fade intooo.... not sure if im $300 curious tho.
Stick to your "usual" waist size.

buttonman

Reaction score
didn't pbj cut their inseams longer now?

mine are 36 one wash and i think that's pretty long for a person that's 5'10"

bdr3

Reaction score
I want to see someone wear these with the purple Sugar Cane shirt that Self Edge just got in.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
I think it's only the 005 that comes in ~36" inseam postwash. I doubt there'll be enough demand for the 010 to produce a longer version.

Regarding PBJ quality...I have a pair of 005 myself. Crotch started to show some real wear around 4 months. I took some thread and just stitched, making sure my seams didn't rip apart. It's held up well at 7 months now. Think the key is that too many people on SuFu go without washing for too long...threads get weaker. I do a soak at least every month.

I reallllllllllyyyyyyy need to go visit Atsui. Especially if you guys carry the 010. Want to see it in person!

Sho'nuff - you really don't save that much compared to most proxies. However, if you know someone in Japan/have some kind of hookup that is willing to ship to you without proxy fees and have shipping fees at cost, you could easily save $30.

Sizing on these...I think they're the same as the 005?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads