• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwied82
apc raw black (old)cures:

PB270367.jpg

I havent worn them in a while i dont remember how many times i washed them and whatnot, i think one hand wash and maybe 2 machine washes in a year and a half or so of wear.

these are nice. i have a pair of wings and horns black jeans that will probably turn out similar to this.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
nice! what's the history on them?
Thanks They've probably been worn around 6-8 months and I've washed them 2-3 times. I would wash them more frequently but I don't have a washing machine right now nor do I like the one I could use. I'm not really a nut about the whole "process" but the washing machines I've seen don't open from the top and I haven't seen it too full with water, so the jean just sits around soaked while it spins it around and I think that's what caused some vertical lines when I washed them. It doesn't really matter much because the lines have blended in. Here's a potential denim nerd reasoning that may explain the creases for all the fanatics: If there was more water perhaps the jean would be more supported and there wouldn't be so much stress at the crest of every crease when it is bunched up in the washer

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they look great. i just washed my pipe legs tonight due to an errant slobberdog that ran into me at the park today (and errant bloody mary splashes caused by a mediocre alabama football team). you have any more pics?

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a camera now but I can see if someone around the apartment can lend me one. If you like all of that Japanese true blue ****, you'll love these. You get the true blue fade without having "swamp ass and balls" as someone once put it, from heavy denim.

mjbonne

Reaction score
been lurking for awhile, first real post. colour is off cause of natural lighting. 3rd pic is closest to real life. these just hit the year mark.

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjbonne
been lurking for awhile, first real post. colour is off cause of natural lighting. 3rd pic is closest to real life. these just hit the year mark.

any washes?

hnlax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mjbonne
one ocean wash at 6 month mark, 1 regular hot wash at 1 year mark. must say they smell much better now haha.
they look pretty good. just washed mine for the first time at the seven month mark...the results were less than desired. i wore these mine through for a pretty long time... until i got a job after graduating. the result was alright, but no great fades or anything (just some minor ones in the lap, knees, wallet pocket, etc). the seam on the bottom of the right leg is also busting...really don't get why, i didn't size down a great deal on my ps. good results, though!

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surfrider
edit: Ahh, Fullcount 1108c. So I see.
They fit you perfectly, exactly how I would like my next pair to fit *me*. So that I might have a better chance of getting that kind of fit myself, may I ask what your height and weight is, roughly? And your normal waist size?

Those really do look fantastic. If there was a hat-tipping smiley, I'd insert it here.

tnx for the compliments. sorry, neglected to check here for awhile. vital stats: height= 5'11", weight= approx 180#, W33 on most TTS japs.

FCs were an unintentionally sized down W32. my aim was to go TTS. pre-ordered them in Dec last year, but put on weight by the time i got them late Feb. i was reluctant to start at first cuz they were already tight [pre-soak]. there wasn't much info on the denim used and i dint want to waste time+effort only for them to end up @supermarket. luckily, they stretch out quite a bit, so TTS to -1.

anyway, just a fare warning: they're a slow fader__ not really for the impatient ones. but, the denim is superb
thumbs-up.gif
in time, the denim softens up and develops a nice patina similar to the SDAs. BiG still got a few left. they're limited run, so i strongly advise you to get right on cuz you don't wanna miss out on this.

Chip

Reaction score
Warehouse x BiG x SUFU
These have been in and out of my rotation for since contest start 11.07. About a year of wear and a bunch of washes. Contrast is a little washed out from the pictures.

DSCN0383.jpg
DSCN0387.jpg

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are my '47 fits:

SD101fit.jpg

SD 101: sized up 1= W34 :: 1.5 y/o :: 3 soaks + 2 washes :: 5 mos effective wear :: status= on rotation

WH1001xxfit-1.jpg

WH 1001xx: TTS= W33 :: still immaculate :: status= on queue [for next rotation]

SC40400Nfit-1.jpg

SC 40400N: sized down= W32 :: wash x1 :: status= stuck in "holding pattern"

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since info and fit pics are lacking on these:

Dry Bones Red D. 29w (31.25"). Sanforized. 14oz per SE.

Post soak:
w: 30.75
r: 9.5
l.o: 7.25

Inseam shrank about an inch.

Just in. First impressions: listed as 14oz denim. Feels much lighter - lighter than Jean Shop or KMW. Possibly a lot of stretch to these.

Good summer jeans. Very smooth hand. Purple cast, deep indigo. No slub at all. Minimal shrink after hot soak and machine dry. Beautiful details. Great slim taper fit. Definite No. 1 for spring/summer wear. Major blue hands after post-soak handling and first wears.

DSCN1705_347.jpg

DSCN1706_348.jpg

DSCN1707_349.jpg

DSCN1708_350.jpg

DSCN1710_352.jpg

DSCN1712_354.jpg

DSCN1715_357.jpg

DSCN1731_372.jpg

DSCN1732_373.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads