• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
^^^

A friend recently had some of his stuff altered by a reputable seamstress so I am thinking to maybe do the same. I might wash them first, idk.

sidney

Reaction score
One Year 6 washes; 3 soaks
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so are you done with those now sid? cutting your hair too? that was your plan right?

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidney
One Year

6 washes; 3 soaks

<snip>

eek.gif
Holy crap. Those are the most beautiful jeans I've ever seen. Ever. Wow.

Forgive me, but what are they, exactly? I'm not yet familiar enough with labels or cuts to know them by sight.

sidney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
so are you done with those now sid? cutting your hair too? that was your plan right?

I got a random head start on the jeans before my project so I'll be done with them in March... about 13 or 14 months total time...

The hair will go soon as well!

Originally Posted by Surfrider
eek.gif
Holy crap. Those are the most beautiful jeans I've ever seen. Ever. Wow.

Forgive me, but what are they, exactly? I'm not yet familiar enough with labels or cuts to know them by sight.

Studio got it right... Flat Head 3001's 29x36

toadstone

Reaction score
PBJ xx-007, size 30", hemmed to 29". Probably my favorite.
pbj007ah1.jpg

KMW 1980, size 29", hemmed to 29". Belt put on a little hastily. I really should have gotten 30" since they have stretched out very begrudgingly. That they put a mule logo on the fly where a button really should be means that you'll see pulling unless they fit right from the start. I added a button there to fix this. It still pulls a little and after a few weeks I still don't think they have been fully broken in.
kmw1980li7.jpg

For reference, I'm 5'8", 140lb.

TheRealAshland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by toadstone
PBJ xx-007, size 30", hemmed to 29". Probably my favorite.
pbj007ah1.jpg
KMW 1980, size 29", hemmed to 29". Belt put on a little hastily. I really should have gotten 30" since they have stretched out very begrudgingly. That they put a mule logo on the fly where a button really should be means that you'll see pulling unless they fit right from the start. I added a button there to fix this. It still pulls a little and after a few weeks I still don't think they have been fully broken in.
kmw1980li7.jpg
For reference, I'm 5'8", 140lb.

man you have a really nice body, i like the way your jeans fit on you...grosh if you only see the things i see working at old navy...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads