• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Projectors

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with them? I'm interested in buying one but I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into. How's the quality? Any model recommendations?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahe
What do you intend to use it for

I'm not really sure. Would the quality be good enough to hook it up to my laptop and watch a movie?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I'm not really sure. Would the quality be good enough to hook it up to my laptop and watch a movie?

get a real projector if that's what you want to do. Otherwise you're better off hooking up to a plasma.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, from my experience, the pocket ones are ok in dark rooms, but are very low brightness. Also, pretty low resolution, so dont expect to watch HD vids or anything with it. Mostly, they are good for presentations and crap.

PurpleDrank

Reaction score
A friend of mine has an AAXA M1+ pocket projector that he uses for camping and some gaming. It an amazing little device that's packed with a sorts of features. The image quality is quite good and you can pull a 80" screen if it's dark:

4666927575_3434d1c927.jpg

4667526260_453edfa019.jpg

pabmeb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Anyone have any experience with them? I'm interested in buying one but I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into. How's the quality? Any model recommendations?

Hi Stazy,
I got my Aiptek V10,the Pico projector is a truly mobile video device that slides easily into a pocket. We had time to play with a prototype (in the video below) and it was incredibly light in hand; it weighed about as much as a cell phone. In fact, the final production model is going to match the iPhone's dimensions almost dead-on.
peepwall[1].gif

EDIAV1004.JPG

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a prototype of the Optoma which is based on TI technology. Not fantastic quality but amazing for what it is.

The comment about source brightness is dead on. They are decent in darker situations.

I would like to be able to hook my smart phone for demos, that way, I do not have to carry a laptop around.

-

kita32

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabmeb
Hi Stazy,
I got my Aiptek V10,the Pico projector is a truly mobile video device that slides easily into a pocket. We had time to play with a prototype (in the video below) and it was incredibly light in hand; it weighed about as much as a cell phone. In fact, the final production model is going to match the iPhone's dimensions almost dead-on.
peepwall[1].gif

EDIAV1004.JPG

Hey... is that a mini projector in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?
worship.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, is that a lava lamp in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads