• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Picture Request: Kent Wang OCBD

cmrocks

Reaction score
I've been thinking of ordering a few of these shirts. I was wondering if anyone had any photos of what they look like on.

Thanks

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E82G9748.jpg

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are quite a few pics in the Kent Wang threads.

Mine wasn't be see-through at all. It's royal oxford.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend bought a Kent Wang White OCBD a while back. I'll probably going to get one pretty soon. It's a really nice shirt.

So great :
staple shirt
value
fit
buttons

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's a generally nice shirt, but the royal oxford, placketlessness, pocketlessness, and length made it a bit too formal for bumming around high school with jeans and whatnot.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
I agree that it's a generally nice shirt, but the royal oxford, placketlessness, pocketlessness, and length made it a bit too formal for bumming around high school with jeans and whatnot.

i always thought it looked weird on me because of how i was goign to wear it (with jeans and such) and i never could put my finger on why...but mostly your reasons are spot on.

its a tremendous shirt though. i just prefer jantzen for my shirting needs.

cmrocks

Reaction score
You guys say that it's a bit too formal looking for just wearing around casually?

I was planning on wearing it tucked in to either jeans or khakis with the sleeves rolled up. That's how I wear most of my shirts.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
You guys say that it's a bit too formal looking for just wearing around casually? I was planning on wearing it tucked in to either jeans or khakis with the sleeves rolled up. That's how I wear most of my shirts.
I think the Kent Wang shirts work better if you think Men's Clothing casual. /opinion

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys say that it's a bit too formal looking just wearing around casually?

I was planning on wearing it tucked in to either jeans or khakis with the sleeves rolled up. That's how I wear most of my shirts.

You'd be fine. Kent's shirts are perfect for wearing tucked, casual or otherwise.

As a side note on shirt pleat, there're a few different styles: center box pleat, side pleats, round back (no pleat). The purpose of pleats is to add fullness to the back to aid in movment. To overgeneralize, side pleats (seen on shirts from Agnes B, Etro, Turnbull & Asser, and as an alteration option by some tailors) and no pleat (most often seen on custom shirts, since it gives the cleanest, most "fitted" look) scream stylish, custom-made, while box pleats screams mass market goods.

Now, sewn-down box pleats like those seen on BoO or mod brand shirts are purely for decoration (and as a signature detail), and don't have a practical purpose.

cmrocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
You'd be fine. Kent's shirts are perfect for wearing tucked, casual or otherwise.

As a side note on shirt pleat, there're a few different styles: center box pleat, side pleats, round back (no pleat). The purpose of pleats is to add fullness to the back to aid in movment. To overgeneralize, side pleats (seen on shirts from Agnes B, Etro, Turnbull & Asser, and as an alteration option by some tailors) and no pleat (most often seen on custom shirts, since it gives the cleanest, most "fitted" look) scream stylish, custom-made, while box pleats screams mass market goods.

Now, sewn-down box pleats like those seen on BoO or mod brand shirts are purely for decoration (and as a signature detail), and don't have a practical purpose.

From what I've seen and read so far, they are exactly what I've been looking for. I hope that Kent comes out with some more options as far as colors and patterns go.

Just to clarify, Kent's shirts have NO pleats and offer a fitted look, correct? I always have trouble with some of my other oxfords billowing out around the waist.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, Kent's shirts have NO pleats and offer a fitted look, correct? I always have trouble with some of my other oxfords billowing out around the waist.

I'm not in a snarky mood, so I'll say "Yes, you are correct." Then, I'll refer you to the measurements provided in the very first post on the sales thread. Most RTW shirts at this price don't taper as much from the chest to waist as Kent's. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=65314

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads