• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paypal Disputes

pkincy

Reaction score
I recall the fine print wants you to notify Paypal but to initiate the claim with your credit card company. When I followed that procedure it worked.

I went to my credit card company and sent them reams of data. They charged back Paypal who eventually responded to the credit card company requesting that I send them (Paypal) the merchandise which I did and than Paypal accepted the charge back.

Perry

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I fit into one of the "exceptions" to the Paypal always siding with the buyer rule.

I bought a pair of Asics sneakers on Ebay. They never arrived. The seller had a confirmation that the package had been delivered. I photocopied and submitted the sign-in sheet for all packages into the building showing the package had NOT been delivered. Nevertheless Paypal sided with the seller, becasue she had confirmation that the package was delivered.

This story, however, does have a happy ending. The package randomly showed up FIVE months later. I'm not kidding. Showed up postmarked from five months earlier. I have no idea what had happened to it in the interim. Crazy.

Sometimes I don't know wtf is up with the Post Office. Usually they are pretty reliable. I've had packages from 1500 miles away arrive in two days, but once I had a letter which was sent from about 12 miles away take 2 weeks to arrive.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Sometimes I don't know wtf is up with the Post Office. Usually they are pretty reliable. I've had packages from 1500 miles away arrive in two days, but once I had a letter which was sent from about 12 miles away take 2 weeks to arrive.
The funny thing is that they showed it had been delivered. So they must scanned it, sent it out, and somehow it got left under a seat in the truck or in the back of a warehouse somewhere, and then they found it randomly five months later and actually delivered it.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
I recall the fine print wants you to notify Paypal but to initiate the claim with your credit card company. When I followed that procedure it worked.

I went to my credit card company and sent them reams of data. They charged back Paypal who eventually responded to the credit card company requesting that I send them (Paypal) the merchandise which I did and than Paypal accepted the charge back.

Perry

Thats good to know, hopefully my credit card company will help with this.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I fit into one of the "exceptions" to the Paypal always siding with the buyer rule.

I bought a pair of Asics sneakers on Ebay. They never arrived. The seller had a confirmation that the package had been delivered. I photocopied and submitted the sign-in sheet for all packages into the building showing the package had NOT been delivered. Nevertheless Paypal sided with the seller, becasue she had confirmation that the package was delivered.

This story, however, does have a happy ending. The package randomly showed up FIVE months later. I'm not kidding. Showed up postmarked from five months earlier. I have no idea what had happened to it in the interim. Crazy.

Hah. Maybe those shoes I won in an auction two years ago and disappeared when they crossed the border will one day appear!

At any rate, I've only used PayPal dispute mechanism twice and am .500 on it. First time I was screwed, second time I won justifiably.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree how paypal has NO SUPPORT/PROTECTION for honest sellers. Any jackass can just say to their credit card company that they didn't get it or they didn't order it and get their money and item. I got frauded twice last year, and will only send to verifed addresses that have seller protection.
musicboohoo[1].gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
but not only claiming non receipt, but is it not that hard to claim that someone used your credit card illegally?

if you are malicious enough, can you with some effort successfully claim that someone stole your card number and made a purchase?

i always wondered about that , as we give our cc numbers, exp dates, social security numbers and birthdates to almost everyone, not would be surprised if anyone of these people take that info and use it to their maliciousness.

or just someone plain out just claim they have it stolen when they actually made the purchase.

what sort of restrictions or protections are out there to prevent this stuff? any body with any legal experience here?

RicoItaliano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan

I feel the USPS stinks in most regards, service is lack luster, when I want it there it goes UPS. UPS is not without problems however, in my experience USPS has messed up more shipments than UPS. Visiting some post offices is like going to the DMV.

One example I recall was when attempting to use the USPS online to print postage, I prepped a package for shipment and went online to buy the postage and print. I later found out I was charged 4 times for 1 shipment on my card. Finding contact information for people who don't wish to be bothered by their customers was impossible. I called the 800# and they could care less referring me back to the website that burnt me to begin with. Spoke to my local post master and got my money back. Never again. Bad Service.
musicboohoo[1].gif

RicoItaliano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i agree how paypal has NO SUPPORT/PROTECTION for honest sellers. Any jackass can just say to their credit card company that they didn't get it or they didn't order it and get their money and item. I got frauded twice last year, and will only send to verifed addresses that have seller protection.
musicboohoo[1].gif

PayPal blows.

False claims of seller protection. All I can say is when dealing with PayPal purchase KY in larger quantity.

Biased, YES.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RicoItaliano
I feel the USPS stinks in most regards, service is lack luster, when I want it there it goes UPS. UPS is not without problems however, in my experience USPS has messed up more shipments than UPS. Visiting some post offices is like going to the DMV.

I've had the opposite experience. UPS has repeatedly proven as unhelpful as possible, and if I had my way, I'd never do business with them again.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i hate you paypal, i hate you , I HATE YOU .. I hate YOU paypal ..stinko

i'm getting the impression you don't like paypal.
plain.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
i'm getting the impression you don't like paypal.
plain.gif

Well, he did say "stinko." \t
eek.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads