• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Smith Mainline v Paul Smith Luxury

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There will be a new Paul Smith suiting line coming soon as well, made only for Barney's.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
just buy "mainline" and you're golden (and broke)

Quoted for truth.
Mainline if wearable
wink.gif

Mainline Shoes
London "Luxury" Suits

I've always thought PS is priced the same as many other brands which I feel are superior.

Toorman

Reaction score
I don't think there is a "luxury" line of shirts, just "London"

I do like PS line shirts a lot, great fits and some nice styles, and can be priced very affordably around sale time, which is like right now for many places.

I think you are correct sir. I believe they are "London" shirts. I don't know them by name just by color of hang tag. The London I believe have the purple tag and retail for around $250-275 then there are the green hang tags which seem to run like $450 and up. I have also seen British collection shirts but they seem priced the same as the London shirts so I have no idea what the difference is.

Also agree about the sales situation. Anytime the stores in NYC have their big sales (or Paul Smith for that matter) the London shirts are knocked down like 60-70%.

NiFTY

Reaction score
i don't know if i am adding much but paul smith mainline is very nice albeit styled not sonservative enough for most of the SF crowd. i also like the fit of PS shirts rather than the Paul smith London line. I just replace the buttons with double thick MOP from naturlaut on SF.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just buy "mainline" and you're golden (and broke)

As far as RTW goes in a slim fitting suit, is there anything of higher quality than Paul Smith London when it comes to half-canvas construction? I'm debating on a PS London suit or a BB Fitzgerald. Which do you think is higher quality?

The good thing about PS London is that I can find them for less than $400, whereas the BB Fitzgerald's are at the $500 range on sale.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, resurrecting this thread as I recently purchased a Paul Smith London suit. Fits great and is half canvassed. But I was curious as to who makes the suits for Paul Smith London. Here's the pic of the inner tag:

Here is a tag from a different Paul Smith suit (photo credit to Pocketcircle):

Who are these companies?

Fully Threaded

Reaction score
ahah this is so confusing

Yeah. Agreed.

So tell me, as I still can't figure it out: I found a 100% cashmere sweater by Paul Smith London. If the quality is the same as mainline, I want it. If it's not, I don't care. How similar is London going to be to mainline, purely speaking of cashmere quality?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads