• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P90x

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kaizoku
While I don't agree with the stereotype as a whole, the hate for anything other than "sanctioned" WODs is strong among many of the Crossfit faithful...but no hate from this guy.

I think a mix of everything is pretty important, and I'll go do some normal lifting followed by a WOD that involves circuits of calisthenics and/or weights for time. My favorite is pullups/thrusters for 20 minutes.

The important thing is that people are getting out there and exercising, and doing it safely with the proper form (I'm looking at you, stupid kipping pullups and 400m lunges).

Also, for abs, if you can find a copy of it, I highly recommend Legendary Abs or Legendary Abs 2.

Ill check that out...p90x ab ripper is pretty good.sometimes I combine the abrx with yoga belly and increase reps. Im not a huge fan of working teh abs

kaizoku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
Im not a huge fan of working teh abs

Me either. That's why I like Legendary Abs 2. It hardly takes any time at all (around 5 min to start and 15-20 minutes at the higher levels) and leaves abs feeling like jelly.

I'm working on trying to get back in shape after a bad mt. bike wreck that has knocked me out of the workout game for the last year and half and all of this stuff helps.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
Are there any workout calendars of what the exercises are or the entire calendar for p90x?

I'm doing this from memory but it goes something like this

month 1:

Day 1: Chest and Back
Day 2: Plyo
Day 3: Shoulders and Arms
Day 4: Yoga X
Day 5: Legs and Back
Day 6: Kenpo X

Month 2:

Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Tris
Day 3: Back and Biceps

Month 3

Week 1 and 3:

Week 2 and 4:

There's recovery weeks in there as well that I can't remember the exact order. You essentially do plyo, yoga and the core synergistics workouts that week.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
Are there any workout calendars of what the exercises are or the entire calendar for p90x?

There are 3 workout calendars: classic, lean, and double. I would always skip the 6th day of kenpo and do something else. After awhile, the only 3 workouts I would do is plyo, yoga, and core with ab ripper mixed in sometimes. All of the other workouts weren't really giving me a workout.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/8733303/...ender-Schedule

cubcadet12

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of p90x and I love it. it's absolutly amazing. it works for me like lipo. my abs look amazing and i'm only half way throught.

I don't use free weights however, I bought a resistance band called the TNT from lifeline usa. it's the best product amailable by far on the market ( i broke my previous set of bands). it comes with 3, 40lb bands in it so you can do 40lbs or 80lbs or 120lbs. but you can buy replacement bands that can run it all the way up to 300lbs. also they say they can stretch 3 times the original length without breaking

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
I don't even go by their calenders.

Usually, its

Legs and Back
Ab Ripper
Shoulders and Arms
CardioX
Ab Ripper
Chest and Shoulder
Back and Biceps

with a rest day after 6

I would switch up the cardio with Plyo when I get bored, Plyo was fun so I wanted to add it as much as possible. I feel since the Cardio X has yoga and Core workouts, it can replace both of those.

MeowWoofNay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I'm doing this from memory but it goes something like this

month 1:

Month 2:

Month 3

Week 1 and 3:

Week 2 and 4:

There's recovery weeks in there as well that I can't remember the exact order. You essentially do plyo, yoga and the core synergistics workouts that week.

Recovery Week is as follows
Day 1: Yoga
Day 2: Core Syn
Day 3: Kenpo X
Day 4: X Stretch
Day 5: Core Syn
Day 6: Yoga X

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
My P90X system is arriving in the mail today. I'm looking forward to getting going this weekend on the plan.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
My P90X system is arriving in the mail today. I'm looking forward to getting going this weekend on the plan.

where did u buy from? I have been planning on buying to give it a shot but wasnt sure where the best deal 4 it can be had.

Valor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
where did u buy from? I have been planning on buying to give it a shot but wasnt sure where the best deal 4 it can be had.

Bittorrent has it for free...haha

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Valor
Bittorrent has it for free...haha

Exactly...I did p90x last summer and I liked it a lot.

Around last Thanksgiving I herniated a disc in my lower back so I haven't been to the gym or worked out (other than PT) for the last 5 months....it SUCKS.

As soon as my back is healed up I'm going to start up slowly but eventually do another round of p90x. Gotta shed this fat I've been building up. I am looking forward to it.

Valor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Exactly...I did p90x last summer and I liked it a lot.

Around last Thanksgiving I herniated a disc in my lower back so I haven't been to the gym or worked out (other than PT) for the last 5 months....it SUCKS.

As soon as my back is healed up I'm going to start up slowly but eventually do another round of p90x. Gotta shed this fat I've been building up. I am looking forward to it.

Its definitely not easy or for the faint of heart though. I tried starting it during the summer and gave up after one day. Now I'm starting up again and managed to more or less do a slightly reduced version for the first week.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm on week 3 right now and am mixing P90X with Insanity's plyo and cardio workouts.

Loving the soreness.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr

I bought it from www.beachbody.com. It was cheaper than Amazon.

And yes, I could likely have downloaded from bittorrent, but that's not my style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads