• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

velobran

Reaction score

I just got a pair of the Outlier SD and feel pretty much the same way as Velobran- perhaps I should have gone for a 31 instead of my usual 32. I haven't washed them yet, so not sure if that'll make a difference. They fit very well everywhere else (I'm 6'2" 165lbs) so I don't want to size down and mess up another area.

I have worn them for 2 straight days and they are very comfortable, close to a pair of TAD pants that are my favorites. Based on web reviews, a few more days of wear and perhaps a wash should help.

Do you mean a wash should shrink them? I keep thinking I'm overanalyzing the size, then I put them on and have to pull them up to my belly button for them to look like they fit in the top block. I can pull mine down over my hips with a little wiggling. I went ahead and ordered a 31 to try out - I'll just return the one that doesn't fit. It's very odd because the waist is the exact same size as my 60/30 Loosies (size 32 also), but its like the top block on the SDs is so baggy in the front and rear, but not the sides. I think the gusset is the blame pushing fabric up and out in the front and rear. They are very comfortable though - if I keep the 32's, they won't be slim dungs for me, they'll be anti-fit dungs.

I'm 5'10 165-170 too for what it's worth.

jimanchower

Reaction score
I'm also a 32 in most Outlier pants (6'0" 160-165 but carry my weight in my midsection) and I could definitely size down to 31 in the slim dungs if I wanted a true slim fit, lower rise, etc. I like the more relaxed fit of the 32 though.

velobran

Reaction score
I'm glad I have the luxury of trying both at this point. I'll report back on the fit of the 31s. The interior comfort though ... a few a couple of days and the insides soften up, it's like wearing sweats.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
@velobran IMO than indicates a wrong fit, the dungarees are the lowest rise of all outlier pants so you shouldn't have to pull them up. I'm your exact same size/height and wear 31. I like them so much that I'm thinking about selling my OG, futureworks, nyco and some apc petit standard that I don't wear anymore to get more dungarees. I have them in indigo and zinc but would like to get them in black and the dark green of last season.

Last edited:

velobran

Reaction score

@velobran  IMO than indicates a wrong fit, the dungarees are the lowest rise of all outlier pants so you shouldn't have to pull them up. I'm your exact same size/height and wear 31.  I like them so much that I'm thinking about selling my OG, futureworks, nyco and some apc petit standard that I don't wear anymore to get more dungarees. I have them in indigo and zinc but would like to get them in black and the dark green of last season.

I agree with you completely, which is why I'm hoping the 31s fit me correctly and I'm not in some odd void between sizes. I keep reading comments from other Outlier fans stating they wear the same size across their line, but I don't think that would work for me. My 60/30s fit me so well, I couldn't fathom sizing down for what's considered a slim pant. Also my 32 sized 3 ways were a tag snug around the hips and waist out of the box, but I think I've lost a little for them to fit normal, but the waist still doesn't sit too far down on me. The SDs in a 32 fit larger than my Proof shorts in 33s which is why I was really thrown off. Again, fingers crossed the 31s do the trick.

The green tint black is a nice color and look really nice in the SD fabric. The 60/30s I have faded a little, but still hold their color pretty nice and it's more versatile than I thought it would be. I should have bought the navy in the same fit when I had the chance. As a 5-cut canvas look, it should look great in person.

Also, saying you want to sell it all to go for SDs across the board - that's a bold statement. You have quite the lineup of a wardrobe. I feel honored that you even responded to my uncertainty in sizing. :worship:

scrapiron

Reaction score
@velobran IMO than indicates a wrong fit, the dungarees are the lowest rise of all outlier pants so you shouldn't have to pull them up. I'm your exact same size/height and wear 31. I like them so much that I'm thinking about selling my OG, futureworks, nyco and some apc petit standard that I don't wear anymore to get more dungarees. I have them in indigo and zinc but would like to get them in black and the dark green of last season.
Quote:
So deadsunrise may be on to something. My SD are the same measurement (32) as my other pants. I use a belt to get them in a position that feels right- and now that I think about it, I do the same with my Vertx, TAD, and 5.11 pants. I wear those brands for the fabric, not the tacticool effect (all are low profile, non cargo looking). Now that I've found Outlier, I have a feeling they'll see less rotation

Maybe the SDs should ride on my hips more- I can't wiggle them off my hips. I've also got the Long version- which need to be hemmed about an inch. I'll be curious to see how the 31s fit, keep us up to date.

velobran

Reaction score
@deadsunrise was right. 31 is the correct size for me. Now I know why people choose these as their favorite. I still have room in the waist, they sit low enough without an enormous top block and the leg and taper is slimmer. I'm glad I was able to buy the indigo as well, I like the color tone more.

Now .... my wife wants a pair.

delluminatus

Reaction score
Quote:
The fabric is less stretchy, but the Futureworks have a fuller thigh than most Outlier pants.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do futureworks bag out over time / wear? Fit is good right now but if they bag or stretch out it would be no bueno.

US Grant

Reaction score
I have OGs/Climbers/SDs and none of them bag out and they are generally the same fabric. They are 97% nylon so they'll loosen up a touch but nothing noticeable- less than .25 inch at the very most but even that seems a stretch.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has a Large Supermoon Vest they want to part with; must be in good condition - no rips, tears, or stains. Prefer the light grey, might go for navy. PM me with a price and some pics!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Illuminatiagentcall