• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTR brands for real "straight leg" dress trousers?

Khurram

Reaction score
Even though they get some slack here, I love bonobos straight leg trousers. They fit me perfectly and are not too skinny nor too wide. Try out a pair. Free returns if you don't like them so nothing to lose!

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Corneliani-made PRL Preston's are fuller cut flat fronts. ~9 inch opening on the 32's, 11.5 inch rise. I prefer the Bradford cut.

Even though they get some slack here, I love bonobos straight leg trousers. They fit me perfectly and are not too skinny nor too wide. Try out a pair. Free returns if you don't like them so nothing to lose!

Thanks for both tips gentlemen, I will be checking them out!

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hugo Boss makes a cut called "James Brown".......these typically have a 8.5 - 9" leg opening in a sz 34.
OP..............What sz are you?

Thanks for the tip, I actually discovered the "James Brown" model (shudder - I've got nothing against JB per se, but the model name is off putting) but, like most Hugo Boss stuff, the rise was just too short for me. But you're right about the shape, I'd just forgotten about them because I never purchased any.
Note that I'm a 33w and 34L and @ 6'3", I tend to need a medium rise at a minimum.

interesting...........these are probably the most classic-fitting pants (rise, leg, taper, etc.) one can buy.

I was out and about this past weekend and, on a whim, visited a hugo boss outlet store where - surprise! - they had some James Brown trousers in my size. I tried some on and, what do you know - they fit like a champ. Unfortunately they were heavy flannel, which - sadly - doesn't do me any good in Florida.

Still, I'm glad I revisited them - now I've got another option going forward. I'm not sure if my perspective on "fit" was that much different when I last tried them on (2 years ago?) or if they've changed the fit a bit since, but whatever - thanks for reminding me, Viral!

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How dressy are you trying for? Some Engineered Garments may pass the test as they are pretty straight leg

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was out and about this past weekend and, on a whim, visited a hugo boss outlet store where - surprise! - they had some James Brown trousers in my size. I tried some on and, what do you know - they fit like a champ. Unfortunately they were heavy flannel, which - sadly - doesn't do me any good in Florida.
Still, I'm glad I revisited them - now I've got another option going forward. I'm not sure if my perspective on "fit" was that much different when I last tried them on (2 years ago?) or if they've changed the fit a bit since, but whatever - thanks for reminding me, Viral!

anytime bro.........I be slangin' these pants on the regular so PM me when you need to re-up!

mintyfresh

Reaction score

I went to the Bonobos HQ to get a fitting yesterday and was immediately impressed by the fit of the pants.
I normally wear Incotex found off these forums/Daffy's and the size is comparable, if not a wee bit more slack in the thighs.

The rise is excellent and while quality is good, isn't up to par with Incotex in my opinion.

I ordered two pairs of chinos, as those fit perfectly. May go back for dress trousers another time.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member