• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
nod%5B1%5D.gif
Louis Hotel
smile.gif

KM?
fistbump.gif

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice sir, I really like the clean shoulder of Ciardi :) – looks like it's a bit elongated as compared to Tofani?

Btw., would you mind sharing the CMT prices for Tofani and Ciardi? Would be interesting to know.

bienluienapris

Reaction score
Very nice sir, I really like the clean shoulder of Ciardi
smile.gif
– looks like it's a bit elongated as compared to Tofani?

Btw., would you mind sharing the CMT prices for Tofani and Ciardi? Would be interesting to know.
Thanks you very much. You are right, the Ciardi's one is a bit elongated while the Tofani's is really small.

The price for Tofani is around 1600 EUR for the 2 pieces suit and Ciardi is around 1800 EUR for the 2 pieces suit.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks you very much. You are right, the Ciardi's one is a bit elongated while the Tofani's is really small.

The price for Tofani is around 1600 EUR for the 2 pieces suit and Ciardi is around 1800 EUR for the 2 pieces suit.

Thanks a lot, and those are very decent prices! Almost tempted to try them out myself when I go to Naples in three weeks time, though I'm also very satisfied with my own (traveling) north Italian tailor who does CMT for 1900 euro for a suit.

Looking forward to see your update on the above projects! :)

bienluienapris

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, and those are very decent prices! Almost tempted to try them out myself when I go to Naples in three weeks time, though I'm also very satisfied with my own (traveling) north Italian tailor who does CMT for 1900 euro for a suit.

Looking forward to see your update on the above projects!
smile.gif

Please, go to visit them, you are not obliged to order something but they are good people and it's very interesting to talk to them.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those prices are very reasonable indeed - do they include the cost of the cloth?

Here in Australia we have some local tailors who charge around 5000 euros for a suit, with a waiting time of one year.

As a result, the "offshore tailoring" industry has really taken off here - local fitters and stylists, overseas manufacture. Examples include P Johnson, Oscar Hunt, and B&T via The Finery Company. And even those are generally more expensive than the Neapolitan prices quoted above.

There are downsides to residing in a country with a very high standard of living.

bienluienapris

Reaction score
Those prices are very reasonable indeed - do they include the cost of the cloth?

Here in Australia we have some local tailors who charge around 5000 euros for a suit, with a waiting time of one year.

As a result, the "offshore tailoring" industry has really taken off here - local fitters and stylists, overseas manufacture. Examples include P Johnson, Oscar Hunt, and B&T via The Finery Company. And even those are generally more expensive than the Neapolitan prices quoted above.

There are downsides to residing in a country with a very high standard of living.

Yes, but as usual it's depends the choice of the cloth, it can increase if you choose cashmere etc... You are perfectely right, the standard of living and also the concurrence and the price that people admit to pay for a suit is different between Italy and Australia or USA. But the average salary in Italy is around 1800 EUR and less in south Italy than in North Italy.

Looking forward to see your update on the above projects!
smile.gif

Who is your north italian tailor ?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, why is his thinking a jacket looks bad (I'm in agreement based on that pic) means for foregoing potentially using him?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wait, why is his thinking a jacket looks bad (I'm in agreement based on that pic) means for foregoing potentially using him?

I see where TM is coming from...that would rub me the wrong way. I wouldn't want to work with that type of guy. Also, if there is something wrong with that jacket, I don't see it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads