• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the son is this one?

And this is their sartoria?

Does Mimmo have an IG? Which one Pirozzi is the better cutter?

Mimmo does not have instagram, no website or email either. One Italian tie and vintage artist once tried to make him popular via styleforum.

Very old school Napoli. Love it. I could be wrong but from the pics it looks like the shoulder itself is still very light and natural (no deliberate shaping or pagoda). But rather the sleevehead treatment gives it the illusion of a pagoda shape. Would be curious if he uses much wadding in that sleevehead to get the rollino or if its mostly ironing. Also is the shoulder extended at all? I bet these will be very comfy jackets.

The sleevehead is rather empty, there is not much in there - it is mostly ironing work. The shoulder is only slightly extended, not like on other drape beasts

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mimmo does not have instagram, no website or email either. One Italian tie and vintage artist once tried to make him popular via styleforum.

The sleevehead is rather empty, there is not much in there - it is mostly ironing work. The shoulder is only slightly extended, not like on other drape beasts

I have some jackets with a shoulder something like that from another old school Napoli house and they are the most comfortable jackets I own. A big sleevehead with high armhole combined with rollino without padding equals super comfortable. Spalla camicia can be comfy too but with that construction, the shoulders hug your body more and there is a little less room for movement.

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He’s allergic to unstructured shoulders too with no padding or rollino. Has an uncanny ability to make judgements about garments on mannequins
Hes just been around long enough to develop x-ray vision

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What is being said about rollino, sleeve heads, pagoda shoulders, iron work, shoulder expression etc. is not true.
Lots of misconceptions and misuse of terms here.
Not one accurate statement or concept of how these details are executed or the their effect.
Beware!

would/will clarify if I ever take enough time to do so

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is being said about rollino, sleeve heads, pagoda shoulders, iron work, shoulder expression etc. is not true.
Not one accurate statement or concept of how these details are executed or the their effect.
Beware!

Surely you at least agree with me about the comfort aspect! LOL

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beware!

C'mon. Don't make us beg.

OK, fine. I'm begging - please take the time and write up your thoughts.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

epsilon22

Reaction score

Dylan has good taste imo, most of the things he makes look great. Had the chance to speak with him for a bit back when he was sharing space with KayJen (who did two MTM suits for me, while Dylan would have taken bespoke orders), though unfortunately his pricing was out of reach for my just-out-of-college budget at the time.

Would love to try ordering a few pairs of trousers from him in the future. But now that I find his pricing more palatable, I'm living 12 time zones away from him. :brick:

tdang

Reaction score
Going to see the first MBT. A quick fit check (Cresent + Pommella):

tempImage7b8sSE.jpg

The pieces were looking smashing. A green herringbone SB and a beige 6x1 DB.
tempImage4Ddl2O.jpg

tempImagebdR5ve.jpg

Nothing much to say about the flawless fit. I am a big fan of his style, particularly the single breasted model.

tempImage7KkQ7G.jpg

tempImagebNyULN.jpg

Next commission: this turquoise from Loro Piana's new SS24 Proposte Giacche collection. Have a good feeling about this one!

tempImagexlNADR.jpg

marcusngjm

Reaction score

View attachment 2156513

View attachment 2156517

View attachment 2156515

Nothing much to say about the flawless fit. I am a big fan of his style, particularly the single breasted model.

View attachment 2156519

View attachment 2156521

Next commission: this turquoise from Loro Piana's new SS24 Proposte Giacche collection. Have a good feeling about this one!

View attachment 2156523

that loro piana fabric looks lovely..

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2156513

View attachment 2156517

View attachment 2156515

View attachment 2156519

View attachment 2156521

View attachment 2156523

I really like the jacket you're wearing, beautiful cloth. Very nice also the pairing with grey trousers.

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beware!

This kind of response always makes me laugh. Thanks for your expertise Chris, it's much appreciated.

CLH03

Reaction score

View attachment 2156513

View attachment 2156517

View attachment 2156515

View attachment 2156519

View attachment 2156521

View attachment 2156523
I love the extended shoulder! Looks like some great pieces

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads