• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One Thread to rule them all

Bird's One View

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could AJL (or someone) summarize all of Styleforum in this thread, so that we don't have to keep checking all the others?

kthxbi

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thread updates:

One Shoe Wardrobe- Seems to be an ongoing discussion on how many pairs of foo shoes should be purchased, at what intervals, and utilizing what type of cataloguing/ delivery system.
Some recent highlights:

Today, 02:21 PM\t #618
grimslade

"I think foof should just order a pair every two months, starting now. It's like laddering CDs. That way, they'll wear out in sequence."

Today, 02:26 PM\t #619
Despos

"He wants the shoes just to have the boxes."

Today, 06:56 PM\t #626
Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey
"Certainly, but so what. They are reserve shoes. By design, they are not on the same schedule as the rotating seven. Not only are they worn daily for two months at a time, but they are rested for six, seven eight years as opposed to being worn once every seven days. The beauty of the system is that they are supposed to be on a different wear schedule. So they are the same, but different. Do you see?"

"If it takes Alden three months to resole the seven pair, Foo's original pair will be trashed from daily wearing. Not that anyone will notice. The image of his cordovan longwings will remain imprinted on the minds of everyone he knows, whether he is wearing them or not."

Today, 06:59 PM\t #627
voxsartoria

"How can we keep this thread going for another 40 pages?
Ideas, please."

Today, 07:00 PM\t #629
RJman

"It's doing fine on its own."

Shoe Boxes- Apparently, a potential culprit has been sighted on the "other" forum, replete with crimson-collared coat. Also, there is some unsettling talk about vox masquerading as some sort of caped pastry chef. See here:

Today, 04:37 PM\t #603
DocHolliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbris1
"why didn't I think to search the other forum. It makes sense that my stalker would be a member over there, based on his look."

"What I found so far:
The conspiracy has spread even beyond the bounds of SF. It was only a matter of time.

For the record, I have what I suspect is the same covert coat."

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/w...38/suit016.jpg

Today, 04:08 PM\t #596
dopey

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
"I do have a Buffer Coat, but it is reversible navy and stone:

http://vox.smugmug.com/photos/287029357_u9Bau-XL.jpg

You were tantalizingly close to unlocking the mystery, but alas, you fell short."

"I want to like this, but I don't. Can someone help me see the light."

Today, 04:08 PM\t #597
iammatt

"Actually, I guarantee you it looks better in the dark."

Today, 04:10 PM\t #598
robin

"It should be a cape instead."

Today, 04:13 PM\t #599
voxsartoria

"Blame the wearer, not the coat.

I'll have to do an action shot in it, like tipping gdl as I get out of the car, or falling asleep in daywear like T4."

Originally Posted by robin
"It should be a cape instead."

"Draped around the shoulders? Nothing stops me from doing it except the fear of being beaten up by Bruins fans."

Today, 04:19 PM\t #600
gdl203

"ouch. Someone is overly sensitive about his choice of sleeved capes"

Today, 04:21 PM\t #601
voxsartoria

"The sleeved cape is simply the outerwear version of the Slanket."

Today, 04:29 PM\t #602
AJL

"If you scroll down, splitting the picture, can you possibly envision a mandarin collar and/or even a chef's toque atop the wearer's head? Would undoubtedly be a very nice toque, most likely bespoke (I know, I know)."

Today, 04:43 PM\t #606
DocHolliday

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
"I'll have to do an action shot in it, like tipping gdl as I get out of the car, or falling asleep in daywear like T4."

"Maybe you could be using a pastry bag?"

Today, 05:03 PM\t #610
gdl203

I think you guys are onto something here. These shoes look strangely familiar

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...LE_Skinner.jpg

And so fellow readers, as the respective plots thicken, you be the judge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads