• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, brettchaotix, arethusa, etc.

Sibling WAYWT from this past weekend- drove up to San Francisco.

031608gerry.jpg

Me:
Cardigan: Martin Margiela
Shirt: Helmut Lang (still gotta get the body shortened)
Belt: Gap
Jeans: APC NS
Boots: Carpe Diem

Sis:
Outer cardigan: Yohji Yamamoto from dad
Inner cardigan: Barbara Bui
Shirt and jeans: unknown
Bag: Vintage Gucci
Flats: Jil Sander

chunger20

Reaction score
IMG_2866.jpg

don't mind the fleece around my neck...it keeps me warm..thats all

IMG_2868.jpg

I know this fit isn't too great. i'm open to suggestions on improving it. I want to keep the belt in the fit though. I know i need to take in the jacket. but diff. color shirt? another tie? hmmm

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It kinda looks like you attempted to match up all of the colors, but none of them match. It may be a good idea to go with colors that are a bit different.

chunger20

Reaction score
i wasn't going for a direct match but for a more casual match...hmmm..but you're right i should use different colors

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
The shirt looks really off. It needs a less formal back (ie no plain box pleat); it also needs higher, tighter armholes and shorter cut, slimmer sleeves. Right now, it looks like Ricky cut a traditional dress shirt and just hacked off the sleeves.

Thanks for the comments guys. I agree with the remark about the sleeves and will take that into consideration when ordering the next shirt.

However, I actually like the full box pleat (and 2 rear darts as well, not pictured) as it adds an interesting touch to an otherwise boring shirt that's easily available off the rack. Personal preference, if you might.

I love my somets too -- spent an hour in Aoyama looking for the little hole in the wall store, but it was all worth it.

Thanks again guys!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gshen
However, I actually like the full box pleat (and 2 rear darts as well, not pictured) as it adds an interesting touch to an otherwise boring shirt that's easily available off the rack. Personal preference, if you might.
The sleeves are much more critical than the pleat (and should be somewhat fixable on this shirt if you get it to a tailor), but I think you should consider other pleats if you really want that. Side pleats, maybe. I guess a biswing back would be really weird and kind of interesting for it. Might want to ask Bad Decision Dinosaur.

Brutus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seven85
My Style

E147B4B0FAC011DC82A0242354497899.jpg

Jacket: Leonadro
Cardigan: Matinique
Shirt: Ralph Lauren
Belt: Energie
Pants: Matinique
Shoes: Hugo Boss

Is that your Ferrari in the back?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chunger20
IMG_2868.jpg
I know this fit isn't too great. i'm open to suggestions on improving it. I want to keep the belt in the fit though. I know i need to take in the jacket. but diff. color shirt? another tie? hmmm

Lose the tie, open a couple of buttons. Good for summers in Miami busting the bad guys.

unrated

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brutus
Is that your Ferrari in the back?

No its mine, I told him he can stand 30 feet away because I didn't want anyone to see the license plate
lookaround.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really love these black GTs... once they break in they're gonna be sick.

Zara
Nudie
Red Wing

105em1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics