• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
spill the beans on the goods, son...particularly, the jeans, wallet and boots...if those are the frye gaucho harness boots, i'm definitely buying a pair...i've been waiting for a used pair to come up on ebay, but i might just have to buy them new...

Thanks. The jeans are Sam. S5000VX. I cut the outseam up to about mid thigh and restitched it 3/8 or 1/2" slimmer. Wallet is Leather Goods Connection. Henry is making a traditional trucker wallet (snaps and flap) with the profile and features of his West Coast wallet. They're very cool. I don't think he has them on his website yet, but if you ask him about it he'll make you one. Boots are Frye Belted Harness in the pebbled brown leather. I'm a much bigger fan of that leather than the gaucho. Jacket is an old Schott bomber.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
Not to ruffle any feathers, as I do respect your style, but are you saying you started this style? As far back as I can remember several different "subcultures" have been doing this for quite a while.

Jason actually pioneered those subcultures. He's 107 years old.

Nah, that's not what he meant.

dawit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
H&M
T&A by Sartoria Partenopea
7FAM
Red Wing
Florsheim

67490281fr9.jpg

Something wrong about the sleeves in the jacket. I think they could be little longer.
Overall v. nice as always.

kallun

Reaction score
Snow!
frown.gif

Whyred waxed double breasted coat
Bruuns Bazaar shirt
Cotton neck warmer
Number (n)ine denim
Neil Barrett boots
whyredbruuns-nn-barrettt.jpg
closeupds.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
Not to ruffle any feathers, as I do respect your style, but are you saying you started this style? As far back as I can remember several different "subcultures" have been doing this for quite a while.

of course not. I havent started ****. I was just referencing tongue in cheek about how it appeared I was cutting my hems higher a la SoCal and following his cue. I doubt Socal wore his hems very high before Thom Browne, where I and many others, have been hemming our pants higher than norm for a long time.

CDC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kallun
Snow!
frown.gif

Whyred waxed double breasted coat
Bruuns Bazaar shirt
Cotton neck warmer
Number (n)ine denim
Neil Barrett boots

Great, as usual kallun.

Snow. I wish we got some real snow (longer than 2 days light snow/4 days of brown slush and rain - every other year) out here in Seattle once in a while. I've got this 1945 great coat with wool that's about an inch thick. I see one flake and I run and throw it on.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Miserably grey, wet and cold day today. Blech.

Monochromatic...

Black Turkish Scarf
Black Colombian jacket
black timb sweater
cream graphic long-sleeve T
Olas
Sambas
ClothingShots120.jpg

ClothingShots123.jpg

Garage/Surf Rock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
of course not. I havent started ****. I was just referencing tongue in cheek about how it appeared I was cutting my hems higher a la SoCal and following his cue. I doubt Socal wore his hems very high before Thom Browne, where I and many others, have been hemming our pants higher than norm for a long time.
It's clear now, in the light of day, my misapprehension when I asked that question last night.
blush.gif
Though maybe in that pic you have a Socal vibe, not necessarily related to the hem of your pants?

entropy kid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDC
Snow. I wish we got some real snow (longer than 2 days light snow/4 days of brown slush and rain - every other year) out here in Seattle once in a while.

If i was to choose between no snow and running around in the dark for months on end...
confused.gif

How far up are you located kallun? Stockholm?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dawit
Something wrong about the sleeves in the jacket. I think they could be little longer.

I tend to wear my sportcoats with my jacket sleeves about a half inch shorter than what is "conventional" but if I were wearing a long sleeve shirt of the correct sleeve length, I'd be showing about 0.75" of cuff with this jacket, which is perhaps 0.25" more than normal. The sleeve length just appears to be significantly shorter because I'm not wearing a L/S shirt, while it's probably 0.25-0.5" shorter than "conventional".

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
iTunes Playing: Syndic Calls by ISIS from the record Panopticon

Rpm45/aa/HG/Paul Smith

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
H&M
T&A by Sartoria Partenopea
7FAM
Red Wing
Florsheim

67490281fr9.jpg

I think the shoulder fit on this jacket is better than some others you've posted in the past. It doesn't have that "lumping" effect a few of your jackets have shown.

Originally Posted by dawit

I disagree. I think the sleeve length is fine, but the lack of shirt sleeve underneath just makes it look a bit off.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I think the shoulder fit on this jacket is better than some others you've posted in the past. It doesn't have that "lumping" effect a few of your jackets have shown.

I disagree. I think the sleeve length is fine, but the lack of shirt sleeve underneath just makes it look a bit off.

i agree, this is one of the best blazers you've posted Drizzt. Gives your body a better balance of proportion than some other jackets you've shown

and I also agree the sleeve length is fine, tho on the shorter side of "just right"

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
i agree, this is one of the best blazers you've posted Drizzt. Gives your body a better balance of proportion than some other jackets you've shown

It also helps that he's losing some mad weight. Lookin good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads