• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Do you have any suggestions on how people can take more risks with streetwear? Tighter jeans? Tank tops? Wearing a hat backwards? Combining osh kosh b'gosh jeans with a dior polo? That would be pretty risky I would think.

Seriously though, what do you have in mind?

Bolder colors, less jeans, pattern mixing, clearer cut fit,... GetSmart has a pretty good sense of how to incorporate both the elegance of formal and ruggedness informal clothing (I'd wear any of his pants).

I really like the men style presented on theSatorialist, it has that small surprise that make the look unique. Hmm, I'm not good at explaining abstract things... whenever I critique a look I pay attention to the relationship between individual pieces. I'd like to see interactions in colors in fit, tone down here tone up there to create motions that ultimately make the look lively and not boring. This is why I prefer pants over jeans; pants just have much more patterns and hues to add to the palette.

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I never said you couldn't have an opinion and turning it back on me like I'm oppressing you somehow is being little more than melodramatic. If you'd like to have an informed opinion, however, you'd have to go back past the one month you've been here. As you can probably tell by the comments made from others who've been around the past year, certain actions aren't new nor random.

If you really have nothing better to do then run a search and read up. Otherwise, save your breath and take our word for it.

easy, brother who...you are not the oppressor...embarassingly enough, i looked through most all of this waywn thread and it's predecessor before i made my first post to the forum...now i don't stalk him cross-fora, but from what i've seen, socal's biggest offense is that he points fingers at prevalent hypocrisies...

Originally Posted by chronoaug
I'm sorry guys, but i think people should quit being such pussies. I never was overly mean or authoritative to gdl. The first post i made i told him that i think it wasn't very coherent but the individual pieces were nice (except the shoes which i stated were something i just wasn't down with personally). Then people got their panties in a twist i guess because i said a MC guy wasn't dressed well, so i defended my criticism by going into more detail and giving advice for how i'd wear the krell hoodie (there you go gaucho). Then people got their panties in a twist again because i called a casual MC coat classy. Then it became about how i don't know what i'm talking about.

Gaucho, who cares if not everyone is constructive and gives you multiple paragraphs on how to fix your outfits. You should be your harshest critic anyway, and if you don't like people making fun of your outfits, don't post them. I gave GDL plenty of nice fluffy criticism (i don't like it, but the pieces are nice lol) and then ways to make it better.

Seriously though, i'm just gonna go ken's route with telling everyone they have super fits. Or maybe at least to remember never to critique a MC crossposter. It's not worth having to back everything up anymore.

aw, come on, chrono...you're not really gonna end a post where you just called people pussies who are afraid of criticism by declaring that you will curtail your critiques because some people challenged your own style (of posting)...

this is fashion we're talking about, boss...very fluid...very few absolute rights or wrongs...that's all i'm saying

itskub

Reaction score
pb040053copyyi2.jpg
micro-checkered H&M pants, off-white duckie brown sweater, checkered belt. hmm i never realized how boring this outfit is..

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by itskub

micro-checkered H&M pants, off-white duckie brown sweater, checkered belt.

hmm i never realized how boring this outfit is..

Maybe a fitted plaid shirt instead of the white sweater, and tucked in, too.

itskub

Reaction score
nahh i can't do the tuck-in button-up.
(its actually a light cream color so its not white..)

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyc_gaucho
this is fashion we're talking about, boss...very fluid...very few absolute rights or wrongs...that's all i'm saying

God, I hope it's not fashion. I don't want to have to buy all new clothes next year. I already spent too much on the ones I've got. I also don't want to have to make all new friends after the ones I've got find out I like fashion.

The only thing I fashion is a shiv to trade for cigarettes in the yard. (reveals massive guns)

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I've only been in the "work force" for 2 years so if you were a fan before that I imagine I was in college posting on here (as many of the other current posters are). I'm also very over-qualified for both my current and previous job, so it grants me much time to sit and get paid to "add to my resume" while enjoying the company of this fine Forum.
The old queen that keeps me in his handbag is the same one that fucked my mom...so my sugar daddy is also my biological one.
Chubby?
frown.gif
I mean I'm a 50/52...but, I do miss my Ironman days when I was a 48. *sigh*

Are you saying that your parents had a lavender marriage?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
God, I hope it's not fashion. I don't want to have to buy all new clothes next year. I already spent too much on the ones I've got. I also don't want to have to make all new friends after the ones I've got find out I like fashion. The only thing I fashion is a shiv to trade for cigarettes in the yard. (reveals massive guns)
What would Gerber say if they found out you were into "fashion"?

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think whodini and SoCal need to meet and end the tension with a night alone.
....and damn chrono's posts are annoying

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins

who the hell are you?

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
who the hell are you?

Ah **** YOU JUST GOT TOLD SON!11!!!!!!

LMFAO

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins

Originally Posted by shellshock
who the hell are you?
Couldn't have said it better myself.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, no ****. It fits like a glove. Who would have thought Macy's?

I actually like a lot of INC's stuff. Are they exclusive to Macy's? I bought an INC windbreaker a while back that I loved and got it for super cheap on sale. It is now much too big for me though. GQ puts their suits on their website sometimes too.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I actually like a lot of INC's stuff. Are they exclusive to Macy's? I bought an INC windbreaker a while back that I loved and got it for super cheap on sale. It is now much too big for me though. GQ puts their suits on their website sometimes too.
If you're familiar with INC, what's the quality/value like? A quick search on Macy's made it look pretty pricey for being an instore mall brand. The jackets I saw were going for $200+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members