• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Dries Van Noten suits are fully canvassed ? Fused ?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Where do babies come from?

Roark

Reaction score
Where can I get the best price for a pair of Rag and Bone RB1?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roark
Where can I get the best price for a pair of Rag and Bone RB1?

RB1's are no longer made. In general, however, Denim Bar (see our link or affiliate thread) with a 20% discount, has the best prices for Rag&Bone in general.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
Anyone know if Dries Van Noten suits are fully canvassed ? Fused ?

I've seen both. AFAIK, Dries van Noten does not have its own manufacturing plants, and its garments are outsourced to a number of different factories, with different specs depending on the particular model.

Roark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
RB1's are no longer made. In general, however, Denim Bar (see our link or affiliate thread) with a 20% discount, has the best prices for Rag&Bone in general.

Thanks for the info LA Guy. Should I consider buying this jean an impossibility or is there hope for a stray pair somewhere (ie. have they been discontinued for a while?)?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Sounds great Skalgore. Not sure about the starch stains.. to be honest i've never seen those before.

You want to take off the back tab?

Call me weird but the litle rising sun tab on the back pocket is one of the things that made it an easy choice for me to buy these SDA's (the pigs did not hurt either). What I mean is that the starch and indigo discoloured the white areas a bit. I can live with it but as you imagine I can be a ltitle obsessive over things, as probably many on SF
biggrin.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Call me weird but the litle rising sun tab on the back pocket is one of the things that made it an easy choice for me to buy these SDA's (the pigs did not hurt either). What I mean is that the starch and indigo discoloured the white areas a bit. I can live with it but as you imagine I can be a ltitle obsessive over things, as probably many on SF
biggrin.gif

It might clean up naturally in a couple months. If the indigo transferred from the denim, that means it's loose and will just as easily scrape off the tag after a bit of sitting and standing.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
It might clean up naturally in a couple months. If the indigo transferred from the denim, that means it's loose and will just as easily scrape off the tag after a bit of sitting and standing.

Nice, thanks. I'll just have to relax and let it take its course.

Oh, and the constriction is finally easing up a bit, I can close the top button without having to hold my breath as long now
biggrin.gif

Glad I went with the 31 instead of 32.

Originally Posted by Roark
Thanks for the info LA Guy. Should I consider buying this jean an impossibility or is there hope for a stray pair somewhere (ie. have they been discontinued for a while?)?

Maybe try putting a "Wanted" post over at SuFu's marketplace? You never know...

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Where do babies come from?

Easy one to answer

jinx

Reaction score
anyone know what brand of shirt sawyer wears on lost?
they all seem to have snap on buttons

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jinx
anyone know what brand of shirt sawyer wears on lost?
they all seem to have snap on buttons

Can you post an example photo? all the images I could find were button-front, not snap button.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently got my pair of 5EP LDB deadstocks in resin and didn't really like the fit all that much, so I sold them to a friend. Anyway, I loved the color/texture of the resins, and my question is what brands have something that might be similar? I'm looking into rag and bone and maybe a few others, but would prefer One Wash or something similar, rather than raw. Im mainly looking for a lower rise and something available in a shorter inseam (30), regular fit and slight bootcut or a true straight leg (basically just not too slim below the knee). I know this may be somewhat particular, but jeans that match even just a similar wash would be helpful. Thanks for any help

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
I recently got my pair of 5EP LDB deadstocks in resin and didn't really like the fit all that much, so I sold them to a friend. Anyway, I loved the color/texture of the resins, and my question is what brands have something that might be similar? I'm looking into rag and bone and maybe a few others, but would prefer One Wash or something similar, rather than raw. Im mainly looking for a lower rise and something available in a shorter inseam (30), regular fit and slight bootcut or a true straight leg (basically just not too slim below the knee). I know this may be somewhat particular, but jeans that match even just a similar wash would be helpful. Thanks for any help

Hmm... you are not going to find anything in a similar looking denim. 5EP uses denim dyed and woven specifically for them, and it is proprietary. The only other brand that has a similar denim is R by 45RPM, and none of their their models actually looks *that* close to the denim and cut combination that you want. There will be a slim straight leg 5EP for Styleforum jean, but the inseam will be 34" (though the jeans can easily be hemmed because they are a true straight leg), and the jeans will be slimmer in the seat, thighs and leg than the 5EP LDB. Sorry for not being more helpful. I guess that the Kicking Mule 1950 or 2010 is the closest you are going to get in terms of cut. And the denim is quite nice, though not anywhere as complex or dark as the 5EP denim.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins

Your description doesn't sound inconsistent with the LDB, I'm not sure whats wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads