• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
That proves my need versus covet argument. You at least live somewhere cold yet I have just as many jackets. If not more
blush.gif

hehe now that I've been thinking about it, I just remebered 3 other jackets that I forgot to mention.

I'll add to my list a leather jacket, another winter jacket, and a wool coat from trovata.

haresh

Reaction score
Hi,

Any thoughts on where I can ge these in size 28 ? ag & Bone does some this season called the chore pants.

Thanks for the help.

dranreb

Reaction score
I have a quick question about the different 5ep washes. On the front page of the 5ep website (www.5ep.com) it has three jeans in different washes. Can anyone id which jeans are which wash?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dranreb
I have a quick question about the different 5ep washes. On the front page of the 5ep website (www.5ep.com) it has three jeans in different washes. Can anyone id which jeans are which wash?

While they dont look quite like that irl (I can only assume those are old pictures), it looks like Raw, Resin, Dark Worn (from front to back)

apocalypse later

Reaction score
When looking for a decent jacket, are the "military" style jackets at H&M considered trendy? I'm keeping mine either way, the price is great and I love the jacket, I'm just curious whether or not you'd consider them trendy.

Oh, here it is by the way. Yes, our laundary room is a mess and yes, I look like I just woke up and excuse the wrinkled white t-shirt. Obviously I'd wear the coat unbuttoned and with a nicer shirt.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...x/DSCN0921.jpg

DanTheLadiesMan

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just about to bite the bullet on a pair of pbj x-005s, but then I came across the Flat head 3001 jeans. Does anybody know if the flatheads are superior in quality and construction to the PBJs? I know it's really hard to compare these two jeans, since it's kinda like comparing apples and oranges, but for those who own both pairs which one do you prefer? Also, does anyone know of a retailer that sells the flatheads at a reasonable price? Thanks you guys.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe flathead is sold exclusively in the states at self edge. To get them anywhere else, you'd need to order from Europe (probably not cheaper) or order from Japan.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think the 3001s are slightly higher in rise, slightly looser in the thighs and taper a bit compared to the pbjs. Besides self edge, i think you can get them for about $235 from someone in japan after you pay for the item, shipping, paypal fees and personal service charge. Selfedge does returns though i believe and free hemming.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
When looking for a decent jacket, are the "military" style jackets at H&M considered trendy? I'm keeping mine either way, the price is great and I love the jacket, I'm just curious whether or not you'd consider them trendy.

Oh, here it is by the way. Yes, our laundary room is a mess and yes, I look like I just woke up and excuse the wrinkled white t-shirt. Obviously I'd wear the coat unbuttoned and with a nicer shirt.

Quite a few people here wear military style jackets. I don't think they're considered trendy. They'll be around as long as people are still fighting wars. That said, they do seem to be quite popular right now.

I think one way to make a distinction between trendy and non-treandy clothing is if the piece in question has historical or functional signifigance. Using this reasoning, I'd say that military style jackets and navy peacoats are not trendy but are rather classical pieces enjoying increased popularity. Distressed jeans on the other hand would be considered trendy because there is no functional reason for them to exist.

As a side note, I think the jacket looks fine buttoned up.

petng

Reaction score
Can anyone supply me with the chest and shoulder measurements for a 36 or 38 in Sterlingwear peacoats. I am so confused on what size i should get. I have a 38 chest, but am quite broad in the shoulders. Members here suggest to size down 1, but others have stated that Stearlingwear is already quite trim.

Do they look baggy if i go with my chest size?

Thanks for any info.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mil-inspired jackets have been very popular for a few years now (and generally available for longer), so it would not be surprising if they start getting phased out by trendier lines next fall--or at least the lines might move away from the M-65/F-2 cuts, of which nearly every mens label now seems to carry a version.

I think the best way not to look trendy (in the pejorative sense) in a mil-style jacket is to buy vintage, genuine milsurp, or high-end (eng garments, etc.), or at least to avoid the pre-distressed/overly detailed pieces at retail that stink of trend-jumping.

Also, no one has a cool pair of shorts to recommend? May I'll give the army-navy store another shot...

jessetk313

Reaction score
I need to get my apc rescues hemmed and I was wondering if when you guys get your raw denim hemmed if you get an original hem? I was also wondering what length I should get it hemmed to since I believe it is a 36 inch inseam and I wear a 30 so what size would be good to account for the shrinkage and everything.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
I need to get my apc rescues hemmed and I was wondering if when you guys get your raw denim hemmed if you get an original hem? I was also wondering what length I should get it hemmed to since I believe it is a 36 inch inseam and I wear a 30 so what size would be good to account for the shrinkage and everything.

Depends on how much you want them to crease up at the bottom. I'd probably go 31" if the end result you want is 30." Might be slightly overcompensating but better over than under.
You don't need to get them hemmed with the original hem. They aren't chainstitched or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads