• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kranedesign

Designer
Reaction score

Final two days in the Krane Boxing Week Sale | Enjoy 40% off savings storewide | promo code : BXNGWK15 | http://goo.gl/pt9V9n

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He made 2 comments (see above post), it wasn't once so he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. I won't talk about this any further. However, i don't appreciate me sharing/helping some members turning into bad jokes at my expense.

Why are you being such a baby? First of all, even if you did use the rewind thing, it has nothing to do with your buyer. If you had the option you'd be dumb not to use it. Second, I doubt every retailer accepts paypal like you claim to use. Third, stop being such a baby

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Now let's keep this thread back on track. That recent post with the Islay sale is pretty nice. Is the toe box really as round or is there some taper?

Everything below is my summation from pining for and reading up on Islay's for the better part of, oh, 6 years. I've never handled or tried any on though, so it's all gleaned second hand...

The standard CJ Islay is on the 365 last which most consider roomy and has a very round, some say slightly bulbous, toe box. That's not necessarily bad though, since it makes it a classic ****-kicker boot shape. See the Quintessential CJ thread for many posts about sizing down for it (depending on what socks you plan to wear, etc.)

However, the in-house versions made for Purdey in my link (and I believe also for some other retailers, like Richard James, and occasionally Paul Stuart) are on the 325 last which is a touch more streamlined and generally considered TTS or, at most, a .5 size large (again, depending on socks and such). Note that even though the 325 isn't as full as the 365, it's still supposedly very much a country boot shape, which is what I'm hoping for.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this information. Just signed up to Discover and will probably sign up to Citi's Thank You Premier once the intro period finishes. I can finally get rid of my CapitalOne card... no idea how I've stuck with one credit card this whole time but just an FYI for everyone else - they're sub-par when it comes to purchase protection. Unlike my Amex Plat, but that card is reserved for business and travel.
what intro period? premier currently has 50k bonus for 3k spend in the first 3 months which might be gone soon.

-------------
http://hotoveli.com/collections/mens-sale
up to 70% off

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why are you being such a baby? First of all, even if you did use the rewind thing, it has nothing to do with your buyer. If you had the option you'd be dumb not to use it. Second, I doubt every retailer accepts paypal like you claim to use. Third, stop being such a baby

my last post on the subject is above, nothing else to say except refer to above and move on.

Everything below is my summation from pining for and reading up on Islay's for the better part of, oh, 6 years. I've never handled or tried any on though, so it's all gleaned second hand...

The standard CJ Islay is on the 365 last which most consider roomy and has a very round, some say slightly bulbous, toe box. That's not necessarily bad though, since it makes it a classic ****-kicker boot shape. See the Quintessential CJ thread for many posts about sizing down for it (depending on what socks you plan to wear, etc.)

However, the in-house versions made for Purdey in my link (and I believe also for some other retailers, like Richard James, and occasionally Paul Stuart) are on the 325 last which is a touch more streamlined and generally considered TTS or, at most, a .5 size large (again, depending on socks and such). Note that even though the 325 isn't as full as the 365, it's still supposedly very much a country boot shape, which is what I'm hoping for.

I had northcote in 10.5 so i think 1.2 down is the way to go.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so many people on this forum are such divas and easily offended

it totally affirms my image of a lot of the users on here (i.e. that of weirdos who think that buying expensive clothing makes them "gentlemanly" and "proper"; explains all of the pretentious posts with random french/greek/latin that i often see too)

idk why i'm trying to act surprised over dudes who're into fashion being bitches, though (though i say this as a 5'8, 125 lbs. semi-androgynous asian man, so i guess the irony or whatever is just lost on me loool)

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need some moar sales guys.

50% off LVC on stylecreep

Last edited by a moderator:

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so many people on this forum are such divas and easily offended

it totally affirms my image of a lot of the users on here (i.e. that of weirdos who think that buying expensive clothing makes them "gentlemanly" and "proper"; explains all of the pretentious posts with random french/greek/latin that i often see too)

idk why i'm trying to act surprised over dudes who're into fashion being bitches, though (though i say this as a 5'8, 125 lbs. semi-androgynous asian man, so i guess the irony or whatever is just lost on me loool)

add to that-- post about clothing online

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads