• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skenney

Reaction score

does anyone know of a place where I can purchase a Cote & Ciel Nile backpack for a discount? I know Acrimony has them in stock and tend to do a black friday deal, but wondering if anyone knows of another spot. thanks

Need Supply has a few, and they have a 15% off promo code.

I realize 15% isn't much, but it definitely makes a difference.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of a place where I can purchase a Cote & Ciel Nile backpack for a discount? I know Acrimony has them in stock and tend to do a black friday deal, but wondering if anyone knows of another spot. thanks
try ebay or grailed. if you want new, find all the c&c stockists and stay up to date with their sales

mcdecker1

Reaction score

Need Supply has a few, and they have a 15% off promo code.

I realize 15% isn't much, but it definitely makes a difference.

revolve has the same deal (if using their app). I guess i'm a sucker for 30% off, I blame this forum for getting me used to goodness

DaVinci

Reaction score
Dope-Factory has a 30% off sale with code: WEND30%

There are good deals on margielas and raf adidas, and some y-3's.

http://www.dope-factory.com/brand/maison-margiela.html?category_name=626&gender=25

Future Highs (Black,White,Iridescent): $449 to US, estimated customs included

Future Lows (Black, White): $407, estimated customs included
White GATs: $236, estimated customs included
Basic silver and white Raf Stan Smiths $188 shipped
Aged Stan Smiths $222, customs included
Triple Black Qasa's $256, customs included

Estimated Customs are 8.5% + $7 disbursement feehey ship UPS and that is what I always end up paying.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dope-Factory has a 30% off sale with code: WEND30%

There are good deals on margielas and raf adidas, and some y-3's.

http://www.dope-factory.com/brand/maison-margiela.html?category_name=626&gender=25

Future Highs (Black,White,Iridescent): $449 to US, estimated customs included

Future Lows (Black, White): $407, estimated customs included
White GATs: $236, estimated customs included
Basic silver and white Raf Stan Smiths $188 shipped
Aged Stan Smiths $222, customs included
Triple Black Qasa's $256, customs included

Estimated Customs are 8.5% + $7 disbursement feehey ship UPS and that is what I always end up paying.
their site goes down every 5 minutes lmao
good deals though... any known instances of customs fees from DF?

DaVinci

Reaction score
their site goes down every 5 minutes lmao
good deals though... any known instances of customs fees from DF?
The estimates are from DF orders. I only order shoes, so the duty rate is 8.5% +$7 disbursement? fee via UPS, don't know for clothing. I had three invoices from the previous week when the 25% off code was active, and they were all 8.5% + $7 fees.

I received my Smets order via DHL and the customs is basically 22% of order total. My order from slam jam via DHL was 23%. I would say be prepared for that rate if shipped via DHL and over $200.

I got the $25 fish and wildlife fee waived from my okini order for a pair of GAT's and it resulted in a 8.5% + $7 disbursement total via UPS as well.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The estimates are from DF orders. I only order shoes, so the duty rate is 8.5% +$7 disbursement? fee via UPS, don't know for clothing. I had three invoices from the previous week when the 25% off code was active, and they were all 8.5% + $7 fees. 

I received my Smets order via DHL and the customs is basically 22% of order total. My order from slam jam via DHL was 23%. I would say be prepared for that rate if shipped via DHL and over $200. 

I got the $25 fish and wildlife fee waived from my okini order for a pair of GAT's and it resulted in a 8.5% + $7 disbursement total via UPS as well.

Damn 22%. They not mark down to the price paid? I ordered from them

DaVinci

Reaction score
I paid over $180 in duties for my exotic pelt snakeskin geobaskets.

I am not making this up, F&W User fee, is a charge levied for documentation prepared for U.S. fish and wildlife transmission. I contacted UPS about them, and ultimately had them removed. The bottom line is scrutinize these charges because they can be erroneous. Regarding DHL, I have requested copies of the invoices and the docs they prepared to send to agencies, and I cant get a response from them. I dont mind paying actual costs of duty %, and whatever else fee they charge, but DHL charging double what UPS and Fedex charge seems dodgy.

Yes, my customs fees for DHL in the past month were 22% and 23% of order total. They do not mark down. It is a violation for them to do so, which is fine, the issue is with DHL charging twice what UPS and FedEx charge for the same service. I also noticed, when I ordered something from matches where duty can be chosen to be included or excluded at order, was 10%, and this was via DHL shipping. When the order is not through matches and DHL handles the import, the duty fee is doubled, from around 10% to over 20%. That seems not right to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
are duties usually applied to the entire order or individual items? Im planning to purchase 2 items that are under $200 individually but over $200 when purchased together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads