• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Off the radar brands you love - please post!

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Isn't there an informal coat manufacturer in Wisconsin or Minnesota which sells what looks like very nice outdoor jackets?

I first and only encountered the name of this American clothes firm here mentioned by a member in his post I believe where Filson is theme.

At the time I saw the firm name I searched and found their website, and the products advertised seemed to me to be maybe better than Filson.

Unfortunately, later I couldn't find the name again and I never saw anywhere any advertisement by them.

andrewmrsid

Reaction score
As a buyer for a small mens luxury store, this thread is basically my job! I have encountered thousands, but a few great ones include:
Clothing: Castangia and Mauro Blasi
Shirts: Alessandro Gherardi, guglielminotti, and Barba Napoli
Knitwear: Adesi - great cashmere
Swim trunks: Tiki Napoli
Shoes: Antonio Maurizi - amazing suede and coloring
Any others anyone wants to discuss, I'd love the feedback too.

thejoker

Reaction score
Bought a shirt from Guy Field in uk. It really is beautiful. I had a few questions about fit and had a reply within the hour - despite it being 7 pm on a friday. Lots of compliments on the shirt from others and it feels great on

misterhyde

Reaction score
I don’t know if you would consider 19andreas47 under the radar - I can assure you that in the UK, and Italy for that matter, that this true “made in Italy” manufacture of quality scarves is not well known.

PatrickH

Reaction score
I'd never heard of Anthony Veer Shoes https://www.anthonyveer.com/ until several weeks ago. I just got some cap-toe Oxfords that are an incredible bargain.

I learned about Anthony Veer when I contacted a rep at Carlos Santana Shoes. I couldn't find any Carlos Santana widths other than D, so I emailed the rep hoping they had widths I could order that were not showing up at retailers. The rep told me that the men's shoes at Carlos Santana Shoes are designed and created by Anthony Veer, and that other widths were available under that name.

For women's shoes, Munro Shoes, a family-owned business in Arkansas. It might not qualify as under-the-radar -- you can find them at Nordstrom's -- but they don't advertise much and I haven't encountered many people who know that name.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gentlemen,

As the title suggests, please post your favorite off-the-radar brand that you love and why. I think I've seen enough threads on the "household" names that everyone already knows. Frankly I would really like to support a small company who makes great stuff but who has little or no advertising budget. It's such a shame that so many small brands disappeared (particularly in Italy) over the years.

Quite a few years ago @dieworkwear wrote an awesome Italian menswear series, and in this chapter wrote about a little known coat maker, Valgrisa. Inspired by the Aoasta Valley in the mountainous northwest of Italy.
https://dieworkwear.com/post/12602393864/the-italian-menswear-series-part-xiv-valgrisa

syje

Reaction score
I really love Dapper Classics for both socks and trousers. The socks are a great value and are a good way for some people to get their first taste of over the calf length, and there are a ton of colors and styles to choose from. They also do sales often so it's even more obtainable for a newcomer. Their trousers were my first foray into tropical wool and pure linen dress pants and they're fabulous.

Oh also it's all MiUSA.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't there an informal coat manufacturer in Wisconsin or Minnesota which sells what looks like very nice outdoor jackets?

I first and only encountered the name of this American clothes firm here mentioned by a member in his post I believe where Filson is theme.

At the time I saw the firm name I searched and found their website, and the products advertised seemed to me to be maybe better than Filson.

Unfortunately, later I couldn't find the name again and I never saw anywhere any advertisement by them.

Are you thinking of Bemidji woolen mills? If so, I'd say they're more like Woolrich. I went to their HQ about a year ago, cool stuff, great construction, bulletproof.

Threeputt

Reaction score
Waterfield for awesome fitted laptop sleeves. And other small accessory cases. Can’t speak to their backpacks or other bags but if the quality is the same as their sleeves and cases... www.sfbags.com

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Are you thinking of Bemidji woolen mills? If so, I'd say they're more like Woolrich. I went to their HQ about a year ago, cool stuff, great construction, bulletproof.
I just checked the website of the shop of Bemidji Woolen Mills and for certain reasons and gut feeling believe that is not the outdoor coat maker whose website I saw about three years ago. Both that website and the one I saw have in common no email inscription for mailing list. But if you check the Bemidji shop you find Filson outdoor jackets for sale. The coat manufacturer I saw offered their own products which were a bit sleeker than Filson's.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked the website of the shop of Bemidji Woolen Mills and for certain reasons and gut feeling believe that is not the outdoor coat maker whose website I saw about three years ago. Both that website and the one I saw have in common no email inscription for mailing list. But if you check the Bemidji shop you find Filson outdoor jackets for sale. The coat manufacturer I saw offered their own products which were a bit sleeker than Filson's.

Ah there's a couple out there. Duluth pack, Dehen, Penfield, some more in PNW iirc

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
As a buyer for a small mens luxury store, this thread is basically my job! I have encountered thousands, but a few great ones include:
Ah there's a couple out there. Duluth pack, Dehen, Penfield, some more in PNW iirc
Thanks. I just checked Penfield, which is in Massachusetts and doesn't really specialize in "sleekly Filson" outdoor wear.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just checked website Degen 1920.
Degen is similar to Penfield and in Oregon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads