• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obama's Visit to the UK - fit critique!

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anthony Jordan
You're very welcome. As to the possible shawl collar, unfortunately even under quite careful scrutiny I can't make out what shape it might be, although I am sure recourse to the original would help. Regarding the gentleman with the half-faced lapels, I think that I see the straightish, but angling upwards, cutaway of the left side of his coat just about level with the bottom of his waistcoat, which makes me think that he is indeed in an evening tailcoat, the lapels nothwithstanding.

More generally, I also note at least one pair of gauntlet cuffs, and also that many of the buttons on display appear to be of the flat headed variety faced with satin, presumably to agree with the lapels of the coat.

Looks like a shawl collar with the outside edge unfaced. Kinda the reverse of what you see people often do with the satin edging.

coffeecupman

Reaction score
The Royals (William and Charles) are dressed perfectly. The politicians lag behind, even tough I would not say that there is anything outrageous (OK trousers are too long, no shirt cuff showing). However, what really hurt my eyes (as well as those of my wife) was Michelle Obama's dress.

+1. She looks horrible. Even in the other white dress, she looks like a giant broom. This is the best that the Presidential family can do?

The posture of the Obamas in the first pic reminds me of the pose description I read from someone on here - the "zombie lunge". Love that one.

Looks like we've got to cede dress and poise to the Brits. I guess for ourselves we'll just have to be satisfied with bein' the best at blowin' **** up.

ccm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads