• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT: 46R suits - RL Polo charcoal pin, Corneliani tan plaid

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
both are NWT
prices include shipping within the US
offers accepted if 70% off retail is unreasonable

** sold on ebay **
Corneliani tan plaid suit, labeled e56R drop 7
composition super 120's merino wool
Vogue model so 3 button, rolls to 2-2.5; dual rear vent

** returned and sold by whosurdaddy**
RL Polo charcoal pinstripe suit labeled 46R
made in Italy (Corneliani)
Composition "Virgin Wool Extrafine 100%"
Congressman model, so narrow lapels, 2 button center vent
trousers are flat front with split, curtained waistband

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Tan suit looks kinda grey, is that just the photo? what is the true to life color?

On the second one - what does label on the second what say? it almost looks like Polo by Ralph Lauren, but perhaps that's because its blue and fuzzy.

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
The Tan suit looks kinda grey, is that just the photo? what is the true to life color?

On the second one - what does label on the second what say? it almost looks like Polo by Ralph Lauren, but perhaps that's because its blue and fuzzy.

wow... didn't realize the photos were so off.. it is really tan based.. I will take more pics when i get home
the second is RL Polo (made by corneliani)

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drducky
wow... didn't realize the photos were so off.. it is really tan based.. I will take more pics when i get home
the second is RL Polo (made by corneliani)

cool - thanks for the quick response. Will look for the updated pics on the Tan one.

wedgehead98

Reaction score
quite interested in the RLPL...the 19.5" shoulders seems pretty tight for a 46. Is it worth buying it to try on the jacket? If it's just too tight will you take it back?

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wedgehead98
quite interested in the RLPL...the 19.5" shoulders seems pretty tight for a 46. Is it worth buying it to try on the jacket? If it's just too tight will you take it back?

first I want to make sure there's no confusion.. it is Polo line (by Corneliani) as opposed to RLPL (by St Andrews)
I would prefer that you try to find a Congressman model locally to try.. they're cut a little different.. I'm typically a 44 and the jacket is certainly too big for me.. there's fairly little padding in the shoulder, so I think that affects how a 19.5" shoulder fits
the measurement is true though.. I didn't trust it, so measured many times (including this morning)
at this time, I haven't decided to take returns, or how to handle that
not being a store, receiving merchandise back would be pretty painful, as I'm really trying to unload things and not take more in
I'm not trying to be difficult, that's why I suggested you find one at retail to compare

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads