• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nominate the best posts on the forum and (maybe) win a prize - ongoing Front Page contest

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Awesome idea. Although this may be the beginning of a long run of victories for Despos and FC...

I went to FB today and they had a bunch of decent sale stuff. I saw a borelli shirt it was an obvious return since the sleeves were alt shorter than what it should be. Actually, I wasn't too impress with the borelli shirt - it's about the same quality as my Ralph Lauren Regent shirt.

Then I saw a nice pair of Ballin pants - thick wool almost the same quality as the Giorgio Armani pants. Everything looked fine - the waist stitching looked great. I tried it on and it was a size too big but a tailor could have taken care of it. I was tugging on the pants, pulling it up, - just trying to get a feel of the fit as if it was altered. After I was done - I went for a further inspection and HOLY **** there was a piss yellow stain on the crotch area.C I can't believe I put that **** on me.

Furthermore, I can't believe a store would take a pair of pants back with piss stains on it. In addition, I can't believe a store would sell piss stain pants.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Based on wrinkles, non-iron shirts only need to be laundered every 5+ wears.

However, the collar stains build up within 3 wears.

How do you avoid laundering dress shirts just for the collar?

Solution? Get some cloth tape from CVS, and line your collar.

You can now wear the shirts 5+ times before laundering.

Disclaimer: This doesn't work if you're a fat sweaty slob.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Lots of good posts in that thread.

Ok, so I have a question, I'll try to keep it brief, this may seem like a weird question but hear me out, and anyone tell me if you have had similar experiences to this: 

Alright, so I have really thick, muscular thighs--my inner thighs actually rub together when I walk--and this causes my entire crotch-region (I'll try not to be too explicit) to get pushed up and out. The result is that if I'm wearing any normal, reasonably tight-fitting pants or shorts--then at its worst--it looks like I'm walking around with half of an erection. My crotch-region just bulges out more than what is typically normal.

Again, without being too explicit, I'm assuming that with most guys, their twig-and-berries just hang straight down between their legs; mine rests almost completely horizontal, and therefore jut out.

I've tried all sorts of different pants and shorts to correct this, to little or no avail. I typically just wear pants that are far too big for me to give that "rumpled" look so you can't tell, but this is very uncomfortable and obviously just looks unprofessional or weird if you're always wearing pants or shorts that are two or three sizes too big. It's therefore impossible for me to wear any kind of tight-fitting gym shorts or professional-looking slacks.

I know this is a weird question but I am being totally legit, and would really appreciate any answers. I am normal sized down there, and I am of a medium build, so I'm not fat or anything else that would cause this, my thighs are just very thick. Thanks in advance for your responses.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Iroh's Guides: How To Repair Your Socks.
You will need:
A sock with a hole
A Serger
(Note: I ran out of socks with holes before I decided to make this thread, so no pics for the first two steps until I wear though some more)
I always enjoy modding and repairing my clothes. I am here to share some of my knowledge with you.
Here is a guide on how to repair your socks:
Before:
Imagine a sock if a hole in it.
During:
Imagine a sock being repaired with a serger.
After:
004ruy.jpg

005iqq.jpg

Wearing:
006jn.jpg

Conclusion:
Most of my socks wear down at the back of the heels first, now they can be repaired. The material will stretch and the bite out of the sock won't be noticeable when being worn.
Questions & Comments Welcome.
Iroh

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think NOBD was looking for the old threads that offered advise to those new to WAYWRN.

I don't have the link (to protect the guilty), but there was this quality seller that offered great advice.

"All joking aside, if you simply got rid of all your clothing and shoes, purchased an entire new closet (based on SF tastes, not your own), excercised a bit, changed your glasses, maybe some colored contacts, got a different haircut, maybe did a bit of work on your nose, got a bit of a tan, changed your personality, stopped buying deerskin bags, keep your socks on your feet.......you wouldn't look so bad after all."

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think NOBD was looking for the old threads that offered advise to those new to WAYWRN.
I don't have the link (to protect the guilty), but there was this quality seller that offered great advice.
"All joking aside, if you simply got rid of all your clothing and shoes, purchased an entire new closet (based on SF tastes, not your own), excercised a bit, changed your glasses, maybe some colored contacts, got a different haircut, maybe did a bit of work on your nose, got a bit of a tan, changed your personality, stopped buying deerskin bags, keep your socks on your feet.......you wouldn't look so bad after all."

that guy giving advice sounds like a real a-hole.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

THIS IS STYLEFORUM
THIS IS MEN'S CLOTHING
THIS IS 4IH
THIS IS KITON
THIS IS BRIONI
THIS IS THE SARTORIALIST
THIS IS SAVILE ROW
THIS IS SHOE CIRCLES
THIS IS BRACELETS
THIS IS SUPER 120'S
THIS IS ALDENS
******* ALDENS BRO
MY NOTCH LAPELS IS SO CLASSIC
YOUR C&J'S IS SO CRISPY,
BRAH YOUR INCOTEX IS TYPE ILL
WE ARE SPREZZATURA
WE ARE I-GENT
ITALIAN PEOPLE ARE SO COOL
FOO IS A GENIUS.

Link

Last edited:

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit ed you beat me too it. But i was gonna nominate his "dyeing your shoes black to avoid looking poor" post

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like some of these, but excepting the handful of "serious" contributions, I am thinking 2 things:

1) SW&D is going to kick your collective asses all over the forum and confine you to the depths of AF's hell (the cars, automobiles, and other consumer tech and home stuff forum)
2) I am genuinely curious on what Conne's take on F. Corbera will be like. I predict that it will be much like a Lefty Trip to Mission Chinese. I predict that it will be funnier than even regular F. Corbera posting.

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seminal post/threak that defined an era on SF. Really should be required reading for all new members.

Well, I just received a custom order from Alden: a 975 Longwing in #8 cordovan, but on the Plaza last, and with a single sole. I'm already in love with it.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't just order four or five more of exactly the same shoe? I would keep a pair of black captoes around for occasions when they're required. But so long as I'm comfortable wearing these Longwings on a day-to-day basis, even with business suits, is there anything I should fear other than boredom?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/98968/one-shoe-wardrobe-why-not/0_10

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads