• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jay3429

Reaction score

messaged an ebay seller and asked if he'd take $200 plus shipping ($12 from pittsburgh to seattle) for a pair of the flyknit multi racers in 11. am I likely to get better than this if I wait, or is this about all I can expect at this point?

I doubt you'll find a better deal elsewhere.

noirwest

Reaction score
Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a pair of basic black running shorts from Nike's website not long ago for $20. I'm 5'11" and they are perfect for running plus everything you wanted. I think they might have been in the boys section, don't remember.

Pretty funny/sad that we gotta buy boys' clothing for proper fitting shorts, haha. I tried on boys' Jordan shorts before and the length was nice. The regular ones on the other hand...go down to almost my calves. And the dudes who rock them sag so much, it looks like they have no legs.

For those who's touched/copped Nike gear from Nike directly (the more expensive stuff), do you feel a difference in quality compared to those items available at places like Macy's, Sport Chalet, etc.? I stopped by a Sport Chalet and saw they have Dri Fit tanks for $25. I copped tanks earlier from Niketown for about twice that, but the material feels completely different even though both were Dri Fit. The cuts were also different too. I never noticed/paid attention to this much, but Nike probably has tiers when it comes to clothing too, just like the $150 sneakers and the cheaper $70 version that sort of looks the same.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw a lot of the colors on sale here at my local Nike outlet, they were $99.99, so I'm guessing they'll be at most nike outlets.

When did you see them? I need to cop the gray ones for a bill. And I agree, I'm sure they'll hit the outlets in large amounts.

The Fly Knit Lunars feel a lot better than the Frees, definitely worth the $60 increase. Felt very stable at high speeds.

How did you dudes size your Fly Knits? I went 1 full size up since I wear thick socks with them. They feel great as is, and I'm hoping they don't stretch :foo:

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tried on the Flyknit Racer today and didn't like the feel at all so I copped the multi Flyknit Lunar instead. Also got 5 shirts and a windbreaker. Nike's cut is pretty nice. It's slim but not tight. My only complaint is the selection of shorts. Length of running shirts is nice but they have built in compression shorts. Basketball shorts are just too baggy. Would be nice to have shorts slightly above knees with no netting or built in compression shorts.

i find nike's training shorts to be a nice right at top of knee length height.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i find nike's training shorts to be a nice right at top of knee length height.

I'm going to check out the Nike Running store tomorrow after lunch. Thanks!

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw a lot of the colors on sale here at my local Nike outlet, they were $99.99, so I'm guessing they'll be at most nike outlets.

did you see multi ones?

noirwest

Reaction score
wj4 - I saw them at the outlet on Wednesday. I didn't see a pair of the all grey ones but they did have the grey with blue.

Omar1223 - No multis, just the ones that eastbay has on sale right now

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wj4 - I saw them at the outlet on Wednesday. I didn't see a pair of the all grey ones but they did have the grey with blue.

Omar1223 - No multis, just the ones that eastbay has on sale right now

What's the name of the outlet you went to, dude?

Also, did you observe FSR (full size run) or just broken sizes? I guess the more louder colorways are on sale now at various places, ie nikestore.com, eastbay.com for $130, and I'm sure the rest will follow. I'm going to give it a month or so before buying another pair. I hope they don't stretch since they fit really nice at the moment. Sizing is so comical on these...I've read people who sized down .5, went true to size, size up half or a full size, haha. (Fly Knit Lunar).

noirwest

Reaction score
It was the Johnson Creek Premium Outlet's in Johnson Creek, WI. They didn't have a ton of the flyknits, but there were maybe ten or so pairs in my size (11) and I noticed walking down another aisle that they had a comoprable amount in 10.5 so I'd imagine they had some in all sizes.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a women's running/training shoe for a picky (read: pain **********) wife? Here are her requirements:

Must have lunar sole
Lightweight and packable
Can hold up to semi serious training
Stylish - can also wear around town without looking like a goof - sort of a casual+training shoe that can be the one thing she packs on a trip
No flyknits. Don't ask me why :fu:

For reference, she currently trains in UC Lunarglides and likes them a lot. She asked me to find something more stylish than those...any thoughts?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
no

cloonz

Reaction score
She is looking for a shoe that I don't think exists. Her options are to get more Lunarglides, start liking Flyknits, switch soles, or wait to see if anything good is coming out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads